Software for downloading movies?

martha

Hi guys,

Can you please tell me what software or any other good way to download all South Park series? I found a site where there are all the seasons and episodes and I desperately want to have them on my machine.

Thanks and I hope you'll give a solution. ;)

I found a site where there are all the seasons and episodes and I desperately want to have them on my machine.

Hi,

Normally online movie sites offer them in MP4 formats so you can use iTunes downloader.

Better still, (based on my experience), I recommend BitTorrent for downloading full movies. They are faster and come with resume capability. One such download accelerator with BitTorrent support is Internet Download Manager. It is a 30 day trail though... You can get download it through CNET

The only problem is that it starts downloading even if you wish to watch/listen anything online - whether or not you are authorized to download from any site. You may call it a PLUS or a MINUS point.

ALL THE BEST!

--

Best Regards,

DreamsCentral

Twitter: @DreamsCentral

Signed: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 9:10:50 PM IST

If you are asking about Internet Download Manager, it is a trail with full functionality. And as I said, it does not require you to sign up or pay for downloads. I am considering buying it once the trial period is over.

--

Best Regards,

DreamsCentral

Twitter: @DreamsCentral

Signed: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 9:29:27 PM IST

How about not driving the OPs question into the land of BitTorrent and "whether or not you are authorized".....

Chances are if you are acquiring Southpark from anywhere other than southparkstudios.com, or DVRing them when comedycentral or MTV shows them, you are not getting legitimate copies. I imagine you are on a site with a bunch of flash embeds and thus offering no method of download. southparkstudios.com however, has nothing in the legal I can find that says using a capture tool is a violation of the TOS, they just ask you nicely not to make the content available to a 3rd party or profit from it.

there are far too many free download managers to pay for one, and im sure they have enough roadblocks you will have to find a specialized utility or dedicated capture application to grab anything worth replaying.

I recommend buying their work (or watching the ads, same thing) and then sending a gratuity for being the most hilarious people ever.

Edited by iamtheky

Hi,

Normally online movie sites offer them in MP4 formats so you can use iTunes downloader.

Better still, (based on my experience), I recommend BitTorrent for downloading full movies. They are faster and come with resume capability. One such download accelerator with BitTorrent support is Internet Download Manager. It is a 30 day trail though... You can get download it through CNET

The only problem is that it starts downloading even if you wish to watch/listen anything online - whether or not you are authorized to download from any site. You may call it a PLUS or a MINUS point.

ALL THE BEST!

Well, I really don't want to use torrents cause they are illegal and I don't want to break the law, I've never done that and I'll never do. Maybe I'll try with iTunes downloader, but the files will be in MP4 formats so I need a converter to convert the files into avi in order to play them on other players.

About Internet Download Manager I'll give it a shut, but I don't think that downloading everything I browse I want to download.

Also, southparkstudios.com is the site I found and I want the series on my pc cause I want to watch them when I'm travelling also. I find those series very funny and a very relaxed way to travel.

Buying all the dvds with all the series I think it's a little bit expensive, that's why I wanted some help for finding a cheaper way and also legal for getting them on my pc.

RTMPE is Adobes protocol that is restricting most common flash rippers from being able to grab Hulu and MTVN (which owns southparkstudios) content. They must have pictures on somebody because they somehow got circumventing the encryption to be classed a violation of DRM, thus why you find no legit rippers of the content.

You need to look into 'screen video capture'. There are many utilities that will make avi's out of what is occuring on screen. If you queue up a bunch of southparks and make them full screen, you essentially will be accomplishing your goal of acquiring episodes at no cost, other than having to watch the advertisements.

Again I am sure there are many web pages related to "download movies from southparkstudios" and im sure many are full of malware or redirects to marketing websites, but I am sure if you scan those forums you will find related threads. I would restrict your search for screen video capture to known good sites (i.e. CNET, Sourceforge, etc...)

As everybody else I guess, I don't want to get smth with viruses or malware and I don't want to use torrents as they are totally illegal and don't want to break the law.

I was wondering if there is any other way, legal way and cheaper than buying them from itunes, maybe as u said some screen video capture software. But can you give me some names?

Thank you, anyway, you helped me a lot. ;)

Well, I really don't want to use torrents cause they are illegal and I don't want to break the law, I've never done that and I'll never do.

Just a small correction. :)

You are confusing the means with the goal.

Downloading legally through torrents is perfectly possible, a number of open source projects are downloadable through torrent, just as an example:

http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrents

It is the goal in your case that may be illegal (this largely depends on your country and local laws).

If the Copyright holder had meant to let you (or anyone else) download the files legally, he would have most probably provided a way to do so.

If the original site does not allow saving locally the movies, by using a screen capture approach you are, if not doing anything illegal (which is possible), anyway doing something against the Author or Copyright holder wish.

Judging from this:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/about/lega...nt=terms_of_use

OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

The contents of this Site, including all Site software, design, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video material, artwork, graphic material, databases, proprietary information and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectible elements of the Site, including, without limitation, the selection, sequence and 'look and feel' and arrangement of items, and all trademarks, service marks and trade names (individually and/or collectively, "Material"), are the property of the Parent Companies, and their Affiliates, and any of their successors and assigns, and any of their respective licensors, Advertisers (as defined below), suppliers, and operational service providers and are legally protected, without limitation, under U.S. Federal and State, as well as applicable foreign laws, regulations and treaties. Unless the context clearly requires otherwise or we explicitly say so in writing, the term "Site" includes "Material" as well. The Site is to be used solely for your noncommercial, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable and limited personal use and for no other purposes. You must not alter, delete or conceal any copyright or other notices contained on the Site, including notices on any Material you download, transmit, display, print or reproduce from the Site. You shall not, nor will you allow any third party (whether or not for your benefit) to reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party (including, without limitation, on or via a third party website), or otherwise use, any Material without the express prior written consent of MTVN or its owner if MTVN is not the owner. Any unauthorized or prohibited use of any Material may subject you to civil liability, criminal prosecution, or both, under applicable federal, state and local laws. We require users to respect our copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. We likewise respect the intellectual property of others. On notice, we will act expeditiously to remove content on the Site that infringes the copyright rights of others and will disable the access to the Site and its services of anyone who uses them to repeatedly to infringe the intellectual property rights of others.

It doesn't seem to me like they want you through any means to have those files saved. :unsure:

jaclaz

As everybody else I guess, I don't want to get smth with viruses or malware and I don't want to use torrents as they are totally illegal and don't want to break the law.

I was wondering if there is any other way, legal way and cheaper than buying them from itunes, maybe as u said some screen video capture software. But can you give me some names?

Thank you, anyway, you helped me a lot. ;)

The only legal way was downloading them from XBOX 360 LIVE but that link is now saying Content not found. Here is the old link in case it comes back online.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/videos/m...c-58e6e8ab89e2/

Same link from google.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=s...live+uncensored

The episodes were about 1GB for HD version. 200 MB for SD quality. Not sure when they went offline, but they were up 2 weeks ago. So maybe is chance to come back online.

Just a small correction. :)

You are confusing the means with the goal.

Downloading legally through torrents is perfectly possible, a number of open source projects are downloadable through torrent, just as an example:

http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrents

It is the goal in your case that may be illegal (this largely depends on your country and local laws).

If the Copyright holder had meant to let you (or anyone else) download the files legally, he would have most probably provided a way to do so.

If the original site does not allow saving locally the movies, by using a screen capture approach you are, if not doing anything illegal (which is possible), anyway doing something against the Author or Copyright holder wish.

Judging from this:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/about/lega...nt=terms_of_use

It doesn't seem to me like they want you through any means to have those files saved. :unsure:

jaclaz

Well, maybe the torrent itself isn't illegal, but the files u download with torrent are nothing but cracked and hacked so they are against the rules, that's why I don't want to use it, plus they are full of viruses.

I was thinking about those screen capturing software which just rerecord the files played in backgrounds and they seem not to be illegal cause they don't have nothing to do with cracks.

I searched for those kind of software but some of them don't work at all or they are about 100 bucks. :) Now I'm speaking from what I read about them, the free ones seem to have awful files after recording, the paid ones either bad quality, or they don't work at all. Dunno what to say, maybe I'll watch them online or buy them. lol

Anyway, thanks guys for all your help.

Edited by martha

There are many software for screen capturing, google is our best friend so it can give us the right answers, those software are a good way to get free movies, but also some of them are protected, if u rent or buy of course.

I'm guessing that (similar to DVR and VCR taping content on your TV) having a copy of a movie or TV show "broadcast" to you over the internet is perfectly legal, assuming the broadcast initially was from a legal source. Sharing it afterwards or making any money off rebroadcast would be illegal, however. You get the same exact disclaimer (at least here in the US) after watching sporting events broadcast under the auspices of the professional league organizations that authorize the broadcast in the first place, but it has already been ruled that having a "taped" (or DVR) copy of such a program is perfectly legal as long as the copy you make is for your use only, and you agree not to resell or redistribute/rebroadcast it in any way to any third parties, for profit or otherwise.

I'd say capturing the stream from southparkstudios.com, assuming you are doing this strictly for personal use and are not going to re-broadcast or re-distribute to any other party, would be perfectly legal "fair use" of the content. Assuming you're just making videos of these for storage on your own PC to watch later, you could consider using the open-source CamStudio recorder to make the files. Note I am not a lawyer, of course, but I would be OK with doing it myself if I cared to watch South Park. I personally watch the episodes on XBL, but if I wanted it on my PC this is what I'd do.