Ram Information

Nepsyde

Hi

Recently i got a laptop off ebay. The laptop came with 3GB installed Ram. Im thinking of upgrading my laptop. This morning i opened up the laptop and found two sets of RAM being slotted into the small gap. Once i took both of them out, these were what it had written on them:

Ram One:

M470T5663QZ3-CF7 0914

2GB 2Rx8 PC2-6400S-666-12-E3

Ram Two:

M470T2864QZ3-CE6 0914

1GB 2Rx16 PC2-5300S-555-12-A3

I know there is a difference between them but im sure it's correct from what i read. Anyways here is the actual specification incase if you are wondering, what type of laptop. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...=reg_R1002_USEN

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what type of ram i need? Im looking to upgrade to 4gb, so i will get rid of the 1GB and replace with 2GB. Im looking to buy it from ebay.

If you see one on ebay (on reserve hopefully or reserve), maybe you could point me towards it?

Thank you

Edit:

Would you be able to confirm that this would fit my laptop?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...sid=p2759.l1259

cheers

Edited by Nepsyde

The right way is to find the exact name of your laptop, then the manufacturer's website and documentation, and there you have the info.

Other ways are just too risky. Accepted Ram depends on the hardware already there, on the Bios, on so many things... Not even the chipset's documentation gives reliable information, as the mobo's designer can still botch his job, as I've seen twice. And sometimes Ram formats are specific to a laptop.

(Only) eBay.com and eBay.de have enough choice for your needs. I won't search for uou, because (i) too long (ii) risk of failure, I keep away. Do you know you can save a search for an item there, and program automatic e-mails when a new item is listed that meets your criteria?