[Radeon] TV Out questions

Tripredacus

I'm up to a new project at home. I have everything all set up to use the TV Out function on my video card. This was I can do things like watch hockey games on my TV instead of on my computer. Also cheaper that getting TV service, but I'm having some problems. First up, here is my current setup:

ATI Radeon X1650 Pro using S-Video out. The card came with an S-Video to Composite (Yellow) adapter. This goes to a Composite cable to a switch box. The switch box goes to the VCR which then connects to the TV using a high-grade (Cable TV) coax. The reason why my VCR is the main interface for the TV is because my TV only has 1 coax in as far as ports. The VCR handles the audio out to my speaker system for the Over-Aid TV box and PS2. The TV is a CRT analog type, made by RCA.

I have enabled second Monitor in Windows (oh Its XP Pro x86) and I set to extend monitor to the TV. I get a picture on the TV (I see my wallpaper) but the image flips constantly. I do not have the CCC installed (because its a resource hog) but I just downloaded it and will see if that helps.

This is the first time I'm using dual display to a TV so I have no experience in it. Here are some questions:

1. How can I determine what resolution and color depth I am using? Is there some calculation I can use using the TV's screen size?

2. What is causing the flipping video? Is it maybe caused by the VCR?

If there is anything else I should know, please post it here. Or if I need to provide more info, feel free to ask.

Update: The picture seemed to just fix itself after getting the CCC installed. Also a lot of the problems I was having on the TV has to do with the quality of the cabling I am using. Some of it is really old. So I'm going to stop at a Radio Shack and get a better cable. That is if it isn't ridiculously expensive. Otherwise I'll have to wait to buy one online.

This is the first time I'm using dual display to a TV so I have no experience in it. Here are some questions:

1. How can I determine what resolution and color depth I am using? Is there some calculation I can use using the TV's screen size?

2. What is causing the flipping video? Is it maybe caused by the VCR?

If there is anything else I should know, please post it here. Or if I need to provide more info, feel free to ask.

You got it fixed?

Well, first thing that came up in my mind was that most ATI cards use a jumper to set PAL or NTSC, check if it's on 60Hz NTSC. Second, and you already got that, install that CCC, it's useful :).

Any way, check that jumper ;).