Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

Ok, here's the additional notes for someone who got problems with Se7en_UA, I've test it with XP SP3 x86, Vista SP1 & SP2 x86, Windows 7 x86 :

- Make sure u've free space for mounting/unmounting process, don't install Se7en_UA on a folder with space, install in the root folder (c:\Se7en_UA or d:\Se7en_UA or whatever u like)

- Se7en_UA will failed if there's previous WAIK installed, such WAIK for Vista SP1 or before, so please uninstall it first.

- Check ur windows image before do mounting process, if there's a corrupt *.wim (install.wim for sure) the process will failed. (I've integrated SP2 into Vista SP1 using the reverse integration methode, then I know that i've made mistake, the install.wim is corrupt so I go back n make new windows image n it works now)

- Se7en_UA can restore ur activation, but be sure u've valid license, if u have an OEM license use that, if not use the retail license, dont use crack (use genuine license please!) cuz it automatically detect ur activation. (thx a lot MAX, now I can use an offline activation as it save some times for me who don't have an internet connection at home)

- If u dont want to make an application installation, just make new folder named apps in the root folder (c:\apps or d:\apps or whatever as it will automatically scanned ur root drive)n when the application pop up, just click exit. (but I really recommend u use ones, cuz it saves some times to add ur own firstlogon or oobe command)

- U can customize ur resource files such as spwizimg.dll or imageres.dll just like myselfidem did, just make sure u replace with the same version otherwise the installation will failed.

- Last but the most important of all, if u've try the Se7en_UA but U dont like it, please respect it n dont said it's a crap, I've followed Se7en_Ua since the name was Vista_UA n I know Max have work so hard to make it works (it proved on personal messages to me, sorry Max for disturbin or annoyin n bein pain to u, thx, thx, thx alot MAX)

Hope it help everyone who wanna try Se7en_UA for the first time, I'm newbie n I dont know nothin bout programmin or unattended installation but with Se7en_UA I finally know what the audit command or other command do, thx again MAX! :thumbup

@ ar_seven_am, thank you for detailed report as you probably know MaxXP keeps going till he finds answers some times it can take months and longer have been on this forum since UnattendXP. Feedback is the most important thing without it developers can't go forward.

ar_seven_am :thumbup thanks for the reply and an insight into what you have figured out.

Thanks for the feedback. Took us 2 trial attempts. We kept working on it till we got it, you with your real like things you had to do and me too.

Like urie said, Feedback is the most important thing without it developers can't go forward.

Can't fix what I don't know about and if you try something then stop back by and let us know how it worked. I'm left in the dark most the times so I just keep going on with a minor thing could have been fixed.

Avast Antivirus 5 free edition silent install

[Avast_Antivirus_5.x_Free]REM     http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-downloadREG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /VE /D "Avast Antivirus 5.0 free" /fFLAG1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\ALWIL Software\Avast\5.0REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C Start /Wait %SystemDrive%\APPS\Avast_Antivirus_5.x_Free\setup_av_free.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT /NORESTART" /fREG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\avast! Free Antivirus.lnk\"" /f
Edited by urie

Hello Max,

I've made the new Se7en_UA French guide-2! rolleyes.gif

Really really nice :thumbup and I see you even done the explanation for Modifications, many more than I have and makes me jealous. :w00t: Just haven't had time to do some of those. now uploaded

1. That may be the method to do is just explain instead of uploading dll's. Then if someone unable to do we can post somewhere the dll's. What you think?

2. You have a real nice layout to that do you mind if I convert to English and use your's as the basic for English? Thats if I can convert, haven't done that.

3. Taking me time but I am looking at Language integration, can you send me your wim.txt from Se7en_UA folder? need 1 with all images

Avast Antivirus 5 free edition silent install

[Avast_Antivirus_5.x_Free]

REM http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /VE /D "Avast Antivirus 5.x free" /f

FLAG1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\ALWIL Software\Avast\5.0

REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C Start /Wait %SystemDrive%\APPS\Avast_Antivirus_5.x_Free\setup_av_free.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT /NORESTART" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\avast! Free Antivirus.lnk\"" /f

urie, I am on the verge of switching :w00t: if I do a reinstall Norton Internet Security 2010 deletes files I know are ok like SendToA3X application installer identifier

&%$@# pain to make it restore and tell it to leave alone. This is one of those things I haven't been able to capture keys and steps to remember and add back to my installation :blushing:

remember we spent many moons on some of these offered in the Appswitch.dat. perhaps why I keep NIS on right now thinking I can capture what it is doing.

Edited by maxXPsoft

@MaxXPsoft

Thank you very much Max.

I really appreciate!Yes, of course you can make an English guide using mine, and I post the Word version at MSN, if you need images.

http://cid-d178ea021b182b88.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Se7en%5E_UA/Se7en%5E_UA6.2.0%5E_French%5E_guide.pdf?lc=4108

I send you the "wim.txt" here, and I can give the dll's at my SkyDrive MSN!

Just tell me the name you want I can call the new folder with the dll's and the images.

Maybe, I can try to translate your nice software in French version?

And I just want to share that I have a computer with Windows 7 Ultimate x86 and I have installed WAIK for Windows 7. But I have no problem...of course I don't use it with Se7en_UA because it's not needed!

Thank you. rolleyes.gif

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Maybe, I can try to translate your nice software in French version?

Have to look at your wim.txt and compare to mine as that's the beginning of Language

will take awhile to export my text to a file. :hello:

Exploring the waters with my newly added Compress option on Pack Image

available 6.2.1 or later release

Done exact same things with Image no applications just inject my Drivers and 22 Updates.

Disable Features as usual and remove 4 languages.

No compress

Drivers Inject Time: 00:00:49
Updates Inject Time: 00:02:38
Pack Image Time: 00:09:53
Ready to Create ISO and Burn it
.wim Before: 07/14/2009 04:29 AM 2,860,840,523 install.wim
.wim After: 03/16/2010 06:09 PM 3,162,062,244 install.wim

With Compress option

Drivers Inject Time: 00:00:57
Updates Inject Time: 00:02:53
Pack Image Time: 00:11:02
Ready to Create ISO and Burn it
.wim Before: 07/14/2009 04:29 AM 2,860,840,523 install.wim
.wim After: 03/16/2010 06:56 PM 3,131,868,713 install.wim

This was not doing any removes but a test

3,162,062,244 install.wim

3,131,868,713 install.wim :thumbup:w00t:

Edit: prob get better if i remove Drivers folder since i have a backup. Mine is quite large

Edited by maxXPsoft

This was not doing any removes but a test

3,162,062,244 install.wim

3,131,868,713 install.wim :thumbup:w00t:

Edit: prob get better if i remove Drivers folder since i have a backup. Mine is quite large

Hmm, nice, if there's nothing removed but the .wim files is reduced, i guess it have the same comparison for WAIK command "imagex /compress maximum" right? but have u already check with some extractor (7zip for example) just in case it have the same structure? When I check my wim is reduced too, check again with 7zip yes it have the same structure with no corrupt data, n last I test in vmware work fine. Now I'm testing ur Se7en_UA on machine that have slic2.1 bios on vmware, thx to searchengine from MDL that had working on vmware bios installer so I can test it without worrying on flashing or modded my bios :thumbup I'll report my test to u max, both in post n pm too!

Edited by ar_seven_am

@MaxXPsoft

For the dll's I need to make another time with news parameters.

I have two options inside Resourse Tuner : x86 or not specify for x86 and x64; second the option for compatibily with Windows Vista!

When I've done I give you the news dll's "spwizimg.dll" and "imageres.dll" support Windows 7 and Windows Vista platforms in a folder!

I've made some news modifications in Se7en_UA French guide 2:

http://cid-d178ea021b182b88.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Se7en%5E_UA/Se7en%5E_UA%20French%20guide-2.pdf?lc=4108

Regards. rolleyes.gif

Edited by myselfidem

Hmm, nice, if there's nothing removed but the .wim files is reduced, i guess it have the same comparison for WAIK command "imagex /compress maximum" right? but have u already check with some extractor

Not yet, but that is removing stuff, probably the extra language stuff

Nope exporting there, doesn't take very long

For the dll's I need to make another time with news parameters.

Regards.

What may be the method to do is just explain instead of uploading dll's. Then if someone unable to do we can post somewhere the dll's?

Or maybe better yet we create a running list of modded pre fixed dll's?

these are fake and only an idea

Dutch by someone

English by MaxXPsoft

French by myselfidem

Edited by maxXPsoft

What may be the method to do is just explain instead of uploading dll's. Then if someone unable to do we can post somewhere the dll's?

Or maybe better yet we create a running list of modded pre fixed dll's?

these are fake and only an idea

Dutch by someone

English by MaxXPsoft

French by myselfidem

I agree with u Max, beside I wanna make my own customizing dll's n see some example from u n myselfidem. Now the question is where should the dll's posted? It's an open source but I really hate if someone download n upload in other hosting site without permission from the original creator (for example Max n Myselfidem). Anyway, I've test ur Se7en_UA on 8 different OEM manufactured, n for the rest of OEM i've been waiting for their permission as I use it for educational purposes not for hijack or crackin'. Wish me luck!

Regards

Thank you Max,

Yes, I agree to give the dll's and I can give you in my SkyDrive MSN.

Can you try to make an automatic process for integrate the dll's if a user choose the option; and launch unattended with "Se7en_UA.exe" and maybe put the batchs files into the folder "Se7en_UA\Tools"?

It's just an idea!

I,ve made some others modifications in the guide:

http://cid-d178ea021...e-2.pdf?lc=4108

I send you an new image I've integrated in the "spwizimg.dll": image 518.

Of course if the installation is fully unattended this image don't appear!

Regards.rolleyes.gif

Edited by myselfidem

6.2.1 Final release. Now a zip so Windows can extract

Have redone my folders there sorting things. Take a look

Link in My Signature below

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.2.1: March 17, 2010, 5:30:07 PM'   Added Compress option to Pack Image.'   May have figured out a major problem when a user has old Vista Waik installed.'     That needs to be uninstalled and it tells me to reboot'     Some have that cause vlite and maybe more requires old to work'     Reasoning behind this is old uses a different Wimmount and I don't read for that.'   zMountDir moved to Se7en_UA folder'     I am experimenting with the dismount errors and this helped in my case.'     Had none last 4 tests.'   Fixed where will load help file to a button if blank.'   ar_seven_am reported end of file error with Vista : Fix if only 1 image.'     also old Vista Waik installed we discovered was messing it up.

post-9484-126887125762_thumb.png

post-9484-126887125762_thumb.png

Edited by maxXPsoft