Problems with WinsetupfromUSB GUI

Rob K

...additional...

At this moment, the Revo is stopped at athe blue Setup screen, offering me three options. The QUIT option is F3. This is at the beginning of the First Part (DOS text) of the installation.

When the First Part ran (before it auto-rebooted), it copied all of the usual files over, taking some 20 minutes or so.

I am going to leave it waiting here until I have been advised on the next best step.

Cheers,

Rob

I want it to find the hard drive, and re-format it with one large, 160 GB partition.

I formatted the large partition in NTFS, and the setup continued to copy files.

So, the blue-screen DOS text part of Windows Setup ran. I formatted the large partition in NTFS, and the setup continued to copy files.

Thus, now you should have only one partition, about 160 Gb in size, NTFS formatted.

Can you re-boot to grub4dos and check this from CLI?

http://diddy.boot-land.net/grub4dos/files/cli.htm

jaclaz

• 11 months later...

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

Hi,

I managed to get around this problem. The original installation had more than one partition on it, and when the installation routine ran, I think it was looking at the wrong partition, and producing this "missing hal.dll" message. So, when I got to the F3 screen this time, I deleted all of the partitions listed there, so there were none left. I then had to create a new (single) partition, just like you do when you build a new PC with a brand new, blank hard drive.

This time, the installation progressed as normal and XP was installed up to the normal desktop login screen. I installed the LAN driver via USB memory stick. From there it was all routine Windows upgrades from the MS website using the LAN.

This has fixed the problem. Many thanks for all of you that helped with info on this one. I could not have done it without you !!!

Cheers,

Rob