Pantech UM150 USB Modem won't work

HardDriv'n

Hi here, I'm having a big problem with trying to use my Pantech USB modem on a tri-booting PC of mine.

The thing is that it the Alltel software requires a NT based OS to run, and I've been able to install it sucessfully on a Win2k, XP, and Vista environment.

It won't allow me to install on a Windows 9x OS though.

Is there any way to run the installer, and install the drivers in a Win 9x OS? Maybe through the API like the Cigarette, or KDW does for Win2k?

Edited by HardDriv'n

Guest wsxedcrfv

If the driver file you have has this name:

VZAM_UM175_6.10.10_2247b.exe

Then you can unpack it with this program:

http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

Direct link: http://legroom.net/scripts/download.php?file=uniextract16

Universal extractor doesn't seem to work under win98, so you'll have to run it on XP and then copy the output to your win-98 partition. Hopefully there will be some drivers in the output that win98 can use.

If you don't have the .exe file mentioned above, you can get it from here:

http://www.archaicbinary.net/wp-content/fi...10.10_2247b.exe

Hate to tell you this, but it appears that Win9x is definitely not supported. You may be wasting your time... The only other alternative may be (if you feel the need for Win9x) is to run the OS in VirtualPC as a Guest on the XP OS as the Host and loop-back. I see no other alternative, as it appears that only the storage is useable on Win9x using perhaps NUSB...

• 3 weeks later...
The only other alternative may be (if you feel the need for Win9x) is to run the OS in VirtualPC as a Guest on the XP OS as the Host and loop-back.

Unfortunately the machine I'm trying to run this on can barely handle XP, I was in the attempt to run certain DOS/9X games programs natively that had internet functions.

I ended up installing the KernelEx 4 package, and I was able to get the Quicklink Mobile software to work correctly. I installed the extracted drivers manually, but in the device manager there's a "!" by the device.

I started up the Quicklink Mobile, and got all the way the "insert the device screen". It just stopped there, so I closed the window.

I'm guessing that if I wanted to run this device in Win9x I'd have to recompile the driver's source, and know programming languages? Not to mention that the source is probably not available...

Edited by HardDriv'n

You can try your luck with WDMCheck to determine whether there are missing import links and which links they are, in case they exist. And, with much luck you may be able to satisfy those missing links with WDMSTUB, which latest version you may find inside the NUSB 3.0 package. Good luck!

I have to use win98 because I have a part of ram that is bad, so I use badmem to block out some of the xms.. so winxp does not work (maybe unless I edit the "spd" eeprom maybe on the sdram)

Sierra Wireless 580 works in win98. (but I still have to repair the esn to use it, and also QPST does not show a 'chipset' when I add a com port. The "watcher" works if the port is not conflicting with qpst. If you just eject it it will freeze)

Novatel U720 does not work. (I tried the CDC driver, but the com port does not show up properly)

More ollydbg/IDA and I will try wdmcheck.. thanks for the wdmcheck hints

Edited by kocoman