WIF + BT = slowdown

MtK

Hello,

most of the time, my BlueTooth connection is disabled - while my WIFI connection is always ON.

whenever I enable the BT, it seems like the WIFI connection slows down, connection to site/services take longer and seem to fail (often).

is this something normal?

Both bluetooth and wifi (besides a few 802.11N devices that also operate on 5.0GHz; most still don't) are on the same 2.4GHz band. You might also have cordless phones that operate in that band and a few more wireless devices (video cameras, etc). Your microwave uses that range too... And you might have nearby neighbors who cause further interference.

There's just too much stuff crammed in that crowded piece of spectrum already. So transmitting more stuff in there (i.e. activating your bluetooth stuff) means more interference, so your wifi slows down further...

Both bluetooth and wifi (besides a few 802.11N devices that also operate on 5.0GHz; most still don't) are on the same 2.4GHz band. You might also have cordless phones that operate in that band and a few more wireless devices (video cameras, etc). Your microwave uses that range too... And you might have nearby neighbors who cause further interference.

There's just too much stuff crammed in that crowded piece of spectrum already. So transmitting more stuff in there (i.e. activating your bluetooth stuff) means more interference, so your wifi slows down further...

thanks for the info,

but WIFI by itself works fine.

BT by itself works fine.

and the combination of both, does, no matter were I am (even, in a coffee shop)

I've seen some option about combining wireless and BT (don't know the exact name, never used it) in several places:

- in laptop's bios (Dell)

- in wireless card's properties

- in bluetooth drivers (broadcom)

Maybe that should be turned on or off?

GL

I've seen some option about combining wireless and BT (don't know the exact name, never used it) in several places:

- in laptop's bios (Dell)

- in wireless card's properties

- in bluetooth drivers (broadcom)

Maybe that should be turned on or off?

GL

not sure I understood what you meant.

I have a LG notebook, with WIFI+BT integrated...

not sure I understood what you meant.

I have a LG notebook, with WIFI+BT integrated...

I don't have such laptop(s) at hand. It was an option in the places mentioned, worded something like: use bluetooth together with wireless; OR: turn off one while the other is active...

Will try to find out more and get back here...

GL