xpize 5 release 6a

Hell Racer

This is not official xpize release, only my fan package.

Hi everyone :). After I've done xpize 6 lite 0.1 I though I got familiar enough with package structure and xml to try to improve original xpize 5 release 6. The main problem with 5R6 is that the package is very mixed... I mean It's too hard to select exactly needed elements (that's why I've made that xpize lite in the first place). E.g. you try to select only standard icons and bitmaps and you still get logoff screen changed. You unselect winrar patch but still get *.rar file type icons patched. You unselect Windows Branding but still get those banners patched because Darkside Style patch them too... And so on. In some cases you have to remove some files from temp folder to prevent some resources from patching and still patch others in the same file.

There is another problem I can't overcome directly... Anolis Installer doesn't read name attributes from all xml tags except group. That's why there're a lot of dumb :) entries like Registry and File Type. So I've decided to create corresponding groups just to make things clear.

Well... After 3 days of xml hacking work here comes xpize 5 release 6a :). Hope you will enjoy it :).

What I want to do next is make black Luna Element logoff screen (as far as I understand there is only blue Luna Element logoff) and fix some button glitches on other logoff screens.

Please report any bugs you encounter.

Link: http://www.filesavr.com/xpize5r6a

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- xpize 5 Release 6a

= Changes to xpize

* Added fix to standard 3d-White cursor scheme

* Created dedicated nodes for logoff screens to allow to explicitly unselect them

* Refreshed the package tree to make it more clear

Please remember this is not official xpize release, only my fan package, so don't blame W3bbo and other xpize authors.

Edited by Hell Racer

Also placed it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7W8YMA9V

(what I like on FileSavr is that it shows how many times the file has been downloaded...)

Btw, xpize 5 release 6b is almost ready, and I'll release it as soon as I finish testing... today or tomorrow :).

The change log will be:

- xpize 5 Release 6b

= Changes to xpize

* Added black Luna Element shutdown and logoff screens

* Added preview images to all visual styles subcomponents (Welcome and Shutdown screens)

* Removed customized branding from Energy Blue style since it's almost the same as base branding patch

Edit:

Cheers, I'd support you to get better based on the current release!~

In my point of view, SIMPLE IS GOOD FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Btw, release 6a (and future 6b) is based on release 6 (not on my xpize 5 lite 0.1), so it again contains all visual styles and other stuff, so it's may not be what you expect :).

Edited by Hell Racer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...