problem with xp home edition

titi

anyway thank you very much for everything (altough i did not understand exactly what i have to do to be able to install 7&vista from the same key.

by the way i have a friend who told me that he has a way to change the language of win xp home (like win mui) without installing everything from scratch, and the big add to it is that all the drivers and programs that come with the netbooks dont have to be reinstalled, do you have any idea how?

it has to do something with just changing some files.

thanks a lot

So 2K will let you create multiple partitions, but won't assign drive letter to the others that the first, correct?

NO, it won't let you create multiple partitions as well, (I mean with Disk Management), it behaves EXACTLY like XP in this regards, but it may behave slightly differently during textmode setup or even GUI setup, I cannot swear by it.

by the way i have a friend who told me that he has a way to change the language of win xp home (like win mui) without installing everything from scratch, and the big add to it is that all the drivers and programs that come with the netbooks dont have to be reinstalled, do you have any idea how?

it has to do something with just changing some files.

Hmm, :unsure: I don't know.

The mui "road" is reserved to particular builds of XP, I never happened to see any reference to an "alternative" way, even because SYSTEM folder change names in "normal" different languages installs.

Everything is possible (probably).

Once and if you have more details we would be happy to know more on the topic.

About Windows 7, a possible way is going along the path wimb suggests here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/install-xp-usb-a...sb-t121446.html

(point 5.)

basically INSTEAD of "running CD/DVD like", you install the OS from an already booted Preinstallation Environment

jaclaz

well guys i delved deeper and deeper on the net untill i found an idea, i am sorry i cannot remember where i saw it or who wrote it, but anyway thank you very much to the guy.

there is a very easy way that's almost 100%, to get any XP from one language to another. it worked by me on xp home, you download sp3 in the lang' you want, then yoy regedit the unicode to the rihgt code, you install SP3 and there you are it will change to your lang....

well guys i delved deeper and deeper on the net untill i found an idea, i am sorry i cannot remember where i saw it or who wrote it, but anyway thank you very much to the guy.

there is a very easy way that's almost 100%, to get any XP from one language to another. it worked by me on xp home, you download sp3 in the lang' you want, then yoy regedit the unicode to the rihgt code, you install SP3 and there you are it will change to your lang....

Interesting. :)

Would you care to give us something (links/details/accurate report of what you did, etc.)?

What do you mean by "you regedit the unicode to the right code"?

Meaning:

What do you mean by "you regedit the unicode"?

AND

Where do you find the "right code"?

I guess that the tree structure of the install will remain the one of the original XP install when applying the SP3, or you mean slipstreaming the SP3 before the install?

It is the first time that I hear about this possibility of "mixing/applying" a SPx in another language.

Can you state, for the case of your XP home which language you had before and which language you have now? :unsure:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz