HFCleanup reducers question

glaurung

IIRC, the patched sysssetup.dll was there so that empty folders aren't created in the windows directory.

INF Unlock refers to Disabling the check for M$ Digital Signature on the syssetup.inf file,

flagging it as "Always Valid" so that it can be modified.

'can be modified' allows you the use of the reducers without getting errors ;-)

'INF Unlock' refers to SP2 era when 'Multi-Patch: SYSSETUP.DLL' included oobe patching as well (see changelog).

like tommyp said you should read some more. Read all of it. It's worth..

• 3 weeks later...

@mukke

Yes you are right, I've been on the wrong path and formed the wrong idea because I attempted to use those nLited files which doesn't work :( Now I'm happily using SYSSETUP.DL_ and SFC_OS.DL_ for HFCLEANUP.

@tommyp

btw just continuing from http://www.msfn.org/board/windows-updates-...p;view=findpost I renamed my RDV to REM and it looks as if I don't need to do anything further. I only find references to those files in the DOSNET.INF, HIVESFT.INF and HIVESYS.INF.

Looking at hfslip code seems like you have some HFCLEANUP code that deals with those (DOSNET, HIVE*) INF files being commented out. What plague am I unleashing if I uncomment those codes?

gluon - if there's new binaries (i.e. dll's or ax's), they are registered via hfslipwu.inf. So, if there's a new binary there, it's gotta be removed. If a dll/ax or whatever you are removing is called out in another inf and it's not present, setup will not parse that particular inf file. This is a little tricky. To answer your Q regarding the commented out sections, I had a hard time editting those files with the script. If those hive's aren't editted correctly, you'll get a bsod right after txtmode filecopy. I suppose you can tread the waters, but the waters could get quite rough. ;) Oh, dosnet isn't parsed because iirc it's not needed for cd installs. It was a time saver.