Computer showing awkward network behaviour.

Hey there. I'm Jeffro. (Yes I'm new at this forum)

I have been busy for a few days and noticed my ping had gone way up in sites likes speedtest.net where other machines don't.

Later I discovered my uTorrent has been having trouble connecting too seeders so I went out to investigate. After using Microsoft Network Monitor 3.3 I noticed my machine is making ALOT of connecting to certain IP adresses all over the world. (Maybe I'm in a botnet? :S)

I tried 2 spyware scanners and they only found some adware cookie which is gone now. (Malwarebytes and SUPERAntispyware)

I can't get this problem fixed. Maybe some of you has an idea of whats going on. I'll attach my cap file for further inspection. (It's in an rar because I can't upload .cap files here o.O)

Well I hope someone can help me.

Kind regards, Jeffro

Capture_File.rar

I have been busy for a few days and noticed my ping had gone way up in sites likes speedtest.net where other machines don't.

Later I discovered my uTorrent has been having trouble connecting too seeders so I went out to investigate. After using Microsoft Network Monitor 3.3 I noticed my machine is making ALOT of connecting to certain IP adresses all over the world. (Maybe I'm in a botnet? :S)

I tried 2 spyware scanners and they only found some adware cookie which is gone now. (Malwarebytes and SUPERAntispyware)

I can't get this problem fixed. Maybe some of you has an idea of whats going on. I'll attach my cap file for further inspection. (It's in an rar because I can't upload .cap files here o.O)

Kind regards, Jeffro

First off, welcome! :thumbup

Second... Have you tried shutting off uTorrent, reconnecting to the Internet, and running a speed test? My guess is that your connection is being saturated by leechers trying to grab the whatever file you're downloading. Upon closing uTorrent and re-establishing a connection to the Internet (and assuming you have a dynamic IP), those connections should disappear.

Kind regards, Jeffro

First off, welcome! :thumbup

Second... Have you tried shutting off uTorrent, reconnecting to the Internet, and running a speed test? My guess is that your connection is being saturated by leechers trying to grab the whatever file you're downloading. Upon closing uTorrent and re-establishing a connection to the Internet (and assuming you have a dynamic IP), those connections should disappear.

Well thats the problem. Even when utorrent's closed I get those connections. Which is why uTorrent is unable to make connections because something is making connections of own accord. I brought my pc to my dad's house and I have the same problem.

Edited by jeffro

Well thats the problem. Even when utorrent's closed I get those connections. Which is why uTorrent is unable to make connections because something is making connections of own accord. I brought my pc to my dad's house and I have the same problem.
Alright, understood.

Can you follow the instructions in this topic and then post back with the necessary information when done?

Did everything (except installing Firefox as I like Chromium as my preferred browser)

Here's the log.

(edit for some reason I can't upload the log file so I rarred it.)

523627785.png

Still 500 ping. And still making 100's of connections in Netwerk Monitor.

Jeffro_hijackthis.rar

Edited by jeffro

I use Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (got 2 of them)

I don't suspect its the modem/router as I have this problem both at my mom and at my dad (Different living places and ISPs)

But at my mom we use a Speedtouch 780 (Locked down by ISP)

And here some Cisco modem. (Using router now because I'm here (Linksys WRT54Gl))

There you go. I hope you can manage something. This isn't fun anymore.

:(

Edit: The other machines don't suffer from this problem.

Edited by jeffro

The network capture shows a lot of clients trying to connect to you (doesn't matter if your torrent app is running or not, the box still has to process those packets and reply to them). Try disabling the port forward in the router, most likely the problem will go away.

The network capture shows a lot of clients trying to connect to you (doesn't matter if your torrent app is running or not, the box still has to process those packets and reply to them). Try disabling the port forward in the router, most likely the problem will go away.

Hmm it seemed to some sort of work.

I also found out another thing. Chromium itself is the cause of my speedtest having that ping o.O

So I'll have to check out if this build is outdated or something. In Internet Explorer its working.

Weird though. Now I have to figure out if I can get upnp and utorrent working fine :)