does hfslip allow to run something during the install?

cloferba

i have a windows unattended cd install...and when its going to show the desktop (after install everything) there are some programs that start to run...

i have searched on all the cd any .ini or setup file to find where is that instruction...

also in svcpack.ini..

but i cannot find the command to execute that programs..

i think that this cd, uses hfslip to run that...

and i ask if is any way to find the command lines and delete that order to run that programs..

its easy to understand? :whistle:

not native english speaker..sorry :blushing:

does hfslip allow to execute command lines during the windows setup?

Do you mean before the desktop or after? You can set a cmd file to launch via the winnt.sif file. But if you are into making an unattended installation disk, you are better off asking in the unattended installation forum.

You may be referring to HFGUIRUNONCE programs that install silently in the background

or RunOnceEx programs (This one is easy to recognize. It has 'Windows Update' dialog box shown what program is currently installing, along with the program title)

Once these program are fully installed, only then will be presented to your desktop.

Is that right?

yes...

this image appeared after execute after wpi execution...

97586057.jpg

BUT i CANT find WHERE are this instructions!! :angry:

i have searched in all .ini .cmd .inf .bad ..(everywhere!) files trying to find something related with runonceex or like that

also..i dont know WHY i add a runonceex lines..(before execute wpi) and that lines are executed at the same time than those windows (see the image)

so mystery on some windows unattended cds :lol:

Edited by cloferba

I might be wrong, I can't recall with crystal clarity -- but this is what happens when one of the Internet Explorer DLLs is registered, and I forget which one.

If you REALLY need exact details, then log your install:

- download REGMON

- Create a $OEM$ folder next to i386 in SOURCE

- Put REGMON into SOURCE\$OEM$\$$\system32

- Start your install

- In the GUI portion (after the reboot shows the Windows splash screen and goes into GUI setup), hold down SHIFT and hit F10

- In the command prompt, type CD\WINNT\SYSTEM32

- Now type REGMON

- Click save right away, and save the log file to the desktop

- IGNORE any errors you happen to see, if any

- Be sure to click "Save" now and then so none of it is lost

- When the install screen comes up, make a note of where the REGMON log is at

If it happens after a reboot but before desktop launch (it might, I forget!) then you'll have to set an autorun key by editing one of the HFSLIP inf files (TommyP could tell you which one runs stuff before the very first time the desktop starts).

What program is that? (Sorry I don't understand the screenshot, I mean the RunonceEx 1st screenshot program title)

Nevertheless, chances is that the program could be in i386\svcpack folder on the CD, in exe form. Possibly 7zsfx or autoit compiled script. These two exe form can write to runonceEx registry during T13. So that the program will run at RunOnceEx.

If the slipstreamed CD is done using HFSLIP but not done by you, it may be hard to trace the source of that program. (takes a lot of guessing to pinpoint the actual exe. Try identify it by it's program title or similar)

Good luck in your tracing...

fdv reply seems to be the best method to find where are the instructions...

no problem guys..thank you so much for your help, its more easy to use a secure windows installation disc than a windows with this "secret comand lines executions"...

these windows are the "visible" part..we dont know if there is any other dangerous part that we cant see..