nlite ISO wont fit on CD?

wagsgt

Hello, I have an XP w/SP2 CD. I wanted to enter the key and make an install with no prompts. However when I use nlite the image gets to about 1.4 GB and thats with not adding anything. Is there a way to customize to fit on a CD? I need this for an older computer without DVD reader.

Thanks

Im using an xp pro cd with sp2 non retail made for use with VLK. Before I start nlite the cd shows its only 600MB. I run nlite to ONLY add the license key, no drivers,add-ons and when I burn the ISO its over 1 GB???

You are obviously doing smething wrong. Are you building the ISO in the working directory ?

When it asks for windows install I point to the CD, then for directory I chose desktop. Then I run through prompts and Burn ISO from nlite.

Edited by wagsgt

Wait I think I got it. If I chose Desktop as working directory it burns every file on the desktop????. So I had a couple zipped files on my desktop(400MB or so) and it looks like those are on my CD also. My stock XP w/SP2 cd is 582 MB, does that sound about right?

Also SP3 looks to be about 300MB, does this mean its impossible to put SP3 into Windows install and still fit on CD?

Just choose another folder than Desktop (we pray that every day) and try a fresh run with nLite.

The SP3 will be slipstreamed and will increase the size to about 610mb - fits on CD.

i have a xp sp3 disc with all the updates and removed minimal amount of stuff(still havent worked out whats safe to remove) and it ends up being 300mb