Motherboard running hot?

Well, I was just looking mine motherboard temp, and I wouldn't said that everything is great in your case. My motherboard temp is 17C, so comparing your temp to mine, yours is to hot (I think that 18C is to much difference). Also, last motherboard which I had and which started to has that temperature died after a month. Just to mention, that I'm using stock cooling for CPU and there is no any fans attached directly to motherboard. I have 8600 card with active cooling and it's idle around 40-44, so it generates a heat but motherboard is still cool. Maybe, you are not using case fan properly.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

My motherboard temp is 17C, so comparing your temp to mine, yours is to hot (I think that 18C is to much difference).
You still have snow over there? It must be freezing :lol: .

It all depends on your room temperature...

17C is very cool. It may just have a nice cooler, and your room temp must be well below average. I have had the mobo in my sig since November last year and it idles at just below 40C. Runs fine!

EDIT: And when I touch the northbridge cooler while running it is only warm, not hot at all.

Edited by Zenskas

EDIT: And when I touch the northbridge cooler while running it is only warm, not hot at all.
I don't know if that's a good sign, if the paste / pad under the cooler is bad the cooler stays cool too. If it's easy to check than I would place some better paste there...

It is running under 40C anyway so why would I bother checking? Should the northbridge be hot at touch? Its wouldn't easily come off anyway. It is connected to four other heatsinks so would be a bit of a hassle. Thanks anyway ;)