downgrade windows vista to windows xp

harryleg

I think that is a really good idea that u are downgrading I used to love vista but i am using Windows xp more and more everyday and am loving it Xp is faster and is not a resource hog like vista :thumbup Good Luck and by the way Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Choice I love XP

I think that is a really good idea that u are downgrading I used to love vista but i am using Windows xp more and more everyday and am loving it Xp is faster and is not a resource hog like vista :thumbup Good Luck and by the way Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Choice I love XP

At least till Windows 7 comes out, and hopefully they do a good job with it. Inside a VM, running on one processor with 1GB of RAM it looks very nice and runs very very well. I hope it's going to be like Vista's flashiness with XP's smoothness. Love it so far in testing.

Edited by kingsc

At least till Windows 7 comes out, and hopefully they do a good job with it. Inside a VM, running on one processor with 1GB of RAM it looks very nice and runs very very well. I hope it's going to be like Vista's flashiness with XP's smoothness. Love it so far in testing.

Now lets just hope that speed comes with the launch and all the stuff that is promised is delivered Vista had so muched promised but a lot was removed The builds have the speed but we will have to see it when its launched. XP is -just great! Microsoft needs to make performance=style a standard. XP had that standard. Vista is Style-Performance. Plus lets hope that Windows 7 is not nearly as expensive as Vista I mean now Vista home basic is almost $200 That is rediculous being the economy is the way it is. I mean this is bad but Windows ME actually ran faster than Vista. Thats pathetic seeing that ME was so BAD! I hated the random crashes and lockups that came with the OS I mean the Y2k bug everybody was so scared but I think the worst Y2K problem was ME lol But Vista Runs alot slower than ME just without all the lockups and random crashes

I mean this is bad but Windows ME actually ran faster than Vista. Thats pathetic seeing that ME was so BAD! I hated the random crashes and lockups that came with the OS I mean the Y2k bug everybody was so scared but I think the worst Y2K problem was ME lol But Vista Runs alot slower than ME just without all the lockups and random crashes

I thought it was funny that you mentioned Windows ME. I have been calling Vista "Windows Me 2" for a while now. I honestly can't see how anyone that uses Vista would recommend it to anyone. I ran it at work just because I was forced to support it and had to familiarize myself with it. I have since dumped it and run Windows 7(x64) Beta now. Windows 7 seems to be what Vista should have been. Occasionally, I refer to Vista as the release candidate for Windows 7 Beta. Microsoft seems to have finally worked most of the bugs out of it. I run XP and Ubuntu at home. I would even recommend Kubuntu over Vista for novice users. Chances are, that many novice users would not know the difference.

I definitely recommend that everyone avoid Vista like the plague. There are really very few things that Vista does that XP cannot. XP is the widest used OS in the world and has more hardware support that any other. Finding drivers should not be that big of a deal. Upgrade from Vista to XP, you will finally realize that you did buy a faster PC when you upgraded. :thumbup

Hi

I have a ACER ASPIRE M3641

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Motherboard - MCP73PV

memory - DDR2-(pc5300) 4gb

Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1

would like to replace with Windows xp pro

ACER say this can not be done, the motherboard and Bios was bulid for Windows Vista only

this is correct, or can someone out there tell me how to install windows xp pro

HELP ? HELP ? HELP ? David :blushing:

Try searching forum for oembios.exe run that it will let you know if you have SLP for xp enabled in bios then you can use acer OEM xp cd. Kelsenellenelvian may have allready tried this and thats why he said acer is correct.

I mean this is bad but Windows ME actually ran faster than Vista. Thats pathetic seeing that ME was so BAD! I hated the random crashes and lockups that came with the OS I mean the Y2k bug everybody was so scared but I think the worst Y2K problem was ME lol But Vista Runs alot slower than ME just without all the lockups and random crashes

I thought it was funny that you mentioned Windows ME. I have been calling Vista "Windows Me 2" for a while now. I honestly can't see how anyone that uses Vista would recommend it to anyone. I ran it at work just because I was forced to support it and had to familiarize myself with it. I have since dumped it and run Windows 7(x64) Beta now. Windows 7 seems to be what Vista should have been. Occasionally, I refer to Vista as the release candidate for Windows 7 Beta. Microsoft seems to have finally worked most of the bugs out of it. I run XP and Ubuntu at home. I would even recommend Kubuntu over Vista for novice users. Chances are, that many novice users would not know the difference.

I definitely recommend that everyone avoid Vista like the plague. There are really very few things that Vista does that XP cannot. XP is the widest used OS in the world and has more hardware support that any other. Finding drivers should not be that big of a deal. Upgrade from Vista to XP, you will finally realize that you did buy a faster PC when you upgraded. :thumbup

I have told a lot of people to downgrade from vista to xp but they have a lot of data on their hard drives

:unsure:

Your right when it comes to data. There is a point where it is not worth the hassle, like moving a lot of data from one OS to the other. All I'm saying is that if the time comes where you have to reinstall an OS, I would highly recommend XP over Vista. I think we agree on that ;)

If you ask me: Don't do anything with XP, i've tried to install XP on the same type PC.

Not funny, loads of probs with drivers and so on.

I would wait a few days for the RC of windows 7.

Upgrade instead of downgrade.

I've got the beta of W7 (7000 build) running on the (old) laptop, and works like a charm.

Almost no probs with drivers (at least i haven't had one, nor have any of friends or "customers").

But if you are into challenges; go on!

My 2 cents.

I hope Windows XP is still supported for a long time to come after Windows 7 because so many people have XP now over vista and I love XP I really hope they keep the support up They are trying to end people using XP by lying on there website that Vista is more loved than XP that Vista is a huge success which they sold a lot of copies but i am guessing that most people just went back to XP :thumbup I really hope that you get XP running on your machine. You will enjoy XP more than Vista. Vista is slow even on the best of machines.

Vista is slow even on the best of machines.

Why has this turned to a useless "bash Vista" thread ? This is not the "bash Vista" forum. Have you used a properly configured Vista on the best of machines ? :huh:

Have you used a properly configured Vista on the best of machines ? :huh:

I don't think you have. If you are going to try to defend Vista then all I can say is good luck

This article is a little old but still very valid. This is back when there was even a controversy.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000...39291081,00.htm

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1016_3-6220201.html

You might find an instance or two where XP is faster but overall XP is much faster. Especially with a 32bit OS. You would have a better argument with the 64 bit OS but the 64 bit OS has been the discussion.

I had the same problem with an HP Pavilion. which had Vista, After fighting it for a year , decided to go to xp pro, which I would call an upgrade. HP didn't have drivers to run xp, so I googled HP forums and found one. Posted what i wanted and got response to web sites to find the drivers I needed. All went fine, and XP Rocks.

Google "'Acer forums" , and I,m sure you'll find what you need.

They say going from Vista to XP is downgrading , but in reality, its an upgrade. Win 2000 is better than Vista.

XP Pro 32 bit is plenty fast for running any cad or 3d modeling programs.

Good luck on your " UPGRADE" :thumbup

Ed V