windows mail double download ?

fun4now

i finally got my mail to work both in and out, but now it downloads eve thing 2 times ??? any clue as to why or how to stop it. its not really hurting any thing just a bit annoying ?

thanks James

Edited by fun4now

A couple of points, I assume that when you download your mail, it does complete? Otherwise when you click Send/receive again, it downloads everything a second time. There could be a rogue piece of mail stuck in your ISP's server not letting you finish each download. You need to go into their Web mail and delete it from there, if that is the case.

What AV are you using? You actually should turn off Antivirus checking of Mail, it is not needed and can screw up things.

You may like to change to Windows Live Mail from Microsoft, that is less prone to buggy behaviour, or even Outlook if you have it on board?

i do have my server set to keep mail. i had it like that wile i was trying to get a mail server to work in and out.I'll try changing that.

i tried outlook from office 2003 when i installed office, but couldn't get it to send ?? so now i am back to windows mail that came with Vista, as said its supposed to be an updated version of outlook. we all know how great the updated version of thins can be. :wacko:

i looked into if it keeps a copy after its downloaded and it doesn't have any copies, but i could only find an option to keep a copy of outgoing mail to change to don't keep a copy.??

it is completing the download and send.

how would i have my pop3/SMTP listed twice ??

ha, found it. :thumbup i did have it listed 2 times in my mail account. have no idea how i got it but seems i did have it twice. :blushing:

thanks all for the help

submix8c;

big thanks for the step by step, just what this new be needed. :blushing: led me right to the problem. :)