CCleaner vs. FCleaner

kahlil88

I've been using CCleaner for quite awhile now, at least a year I think. I've been hearing about a similar program called FCleaner, which I'm guessing was written in a different key? :P But seriously (music jokes aside) how do the two programs compare feature-wise?

Edited by kahlil88

Never heard of it until now but since its free will download it and try it, thanks ;)

Stoner81.

EDIT - I have it installed now and their site says it cleans up your registry (like CCleaner) but I cant find the bit where it will actually do it. Overall though I do quite like the look of it and the best bit is that it doesnt try to install toolbars like CCleaner does (Yahoo Toolbar) which is a defo plus side!

Edited by Stoner81

I have it installed now and their site says it cleans up your registry (like CCleaner) but I cant find the bit where it will actually do it. Overall though I do quite like the look of it and the best bit is that it doesnt try to install toolbars like CCleaner does (Yahoo Toolbar) which is a defo plus side!

Yeah, I really hate programs that want to install toolbars. There is a "lite" version that doesn't have the toolbar (a few MB smaller, so apparently the Yahoo Toolbar is larger than the actual program :P) but they prohibit redistribution.

Edited by kahlil88

downloaded the portable version. at a quick glance

gui is much more polished than ccleaner. the report for files that need to be deleted are categorized compared to ccleaner.

windows can't be resized :-(

supports google chrome, opera, and safari as well

the cleaning options are pretty similar to ccleaner. only difference is ie is included as a windows component in ccleaner vs browers in fcleaner.

biggest difference is fcleaner does not have a registry cleaner.

Heya I have ccleaner and it works fine for me. I have never had an issue with ccleaner and the registery cleaner is good. Maybe I will try that other program too. Does anyone know which one came out first? One is a rip of the other.

I don't know about FCleaner, but there were certainly a lot of issues with CCleaner back in its 1.0+ days that caused some people to move to nCleaner (I tried it back then when people were talking of it).

Anyway the main reason for this post was that I was going to point out the Comodo registry scanning and cleaning tool that I'm aware of and have used (and find it great, it finds more things than CCleaner and NCleaner, and seems to have more safety features on it too). But I notice on their site now that they added a disk cleaning function to it, so I'm going to have to go ahead and try that one. Here's the site for anyone that wants to try that one:

http://system-cleaner.comodo.com/index.html

Edit after trying the Comodo product: Their disk cleaner function needs some work (though it does catch Windows Update distribution files when the others don't). But it seems like it's a relatively new function, too. Hopefully they'll add more in future updates. It also has a reboot and rollback feature now on all the tools, which you can choose to enable or not when you perform the cleaning function. It also has a menu of system settings - I don't know how fascinating any of those are (or a good equivalent in another program), but I thought I'd point that out.

Edited by Glenn9999