Flash 9.0.159.0

blackwire

Latest Flash9 should work on IE6SP1 without problem, but you may try the method if KERNEL32.DLL crashes with Flash9 installed.

0. Prepare Adobe Flash Player uninstaller and Flash8.

1. After installing 9.0.159.0 for IE, you can find flash9h.ocx at C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MACROMED\Flash.

2. Open flash9h.ocx with Resource Hacker, find Version Info -> 1 -> 1033 -> VALUE "FileVersion", "9,0,159,0", then change 9,0,159,0 to 9,0,159,00 and compile script.

3. Save the file and delete the backup flash9h_original.ocx.

The method works on Fx and Opera by editing NPSWF32.dll instead.

However I don't have problem with IE6SP1, so you need to examine it by yourself.

While testing Flash 9.0.159.0 on random YouTube videos, I stumbled into another racist stupidity:

This video is not available in your country.

It's about Krezip-I apologize, and I have no idea who that is or what the video is about. But if that place has become a selective marketing place, then they can shovel that tube right up <there>. I will terminate my account on YouTube effective immediately and never ever visit that site again or advise anyone to; quite the opposite.

[EDIT] YouTube account deleted.

Edited by Drugwash

http://www.labnol.org/internet/video/youtu...r-country/2680/

According to the above article, it's not YOUTUBE that's blocking you... it's that the content owners have allowed access to that video only from certain countries or geographic regions

They can choose who can view it... and from where...

The above article gives some workarounds to the problem...

Edited by whatever420

... just adding my experience with this new flash version (Flash 9.0.159.0). I use Windows 98SE with IE6SP1 and everything installs just fine. I install right over the last version (Flash 9.0.151.0) and there are no problems. I think I read at Adobe somewhere that you can install a newer version right over an older one, can't be absolutely sure at this time. Here are two "Flash Player version check" web sites .... the first site is Adobe and there you can also go into settings to shut off the auto update and/or other stuff ... Settings Manager under the Support tab on the right side. If you are using Proxomitron, remember to check "Bypass" while you are testing.

1. http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

2. http://www.duber.com/LetsTalk/playerCheck.html

HTH

Edited by duffy98

http://www.labnol.org/internet/video/youtu...r-country/2680/

According to the above article, it's not YOUTUBE that's blocking you... it's that the content owners have allowed access to that video only from certain countries or geographic regions

They can choose who can view it... and from where...

The above article gives some workarounds to the problem...

Let me put it this way: an "object" is either available for everybody or not available at all. That'd be my policy if I owned YouTube. Once they allow preferential settings, they're no better than the owners or whoever uploaded that material. In fact, they've been [insert your words here] all along, for offering such preferential options, to begin with.

Anyway, let's drop it since I'm not gonna visit that site anymore for as long as I live.

On another note, I wonder if anybody else noticed a small glitch with this version of Flash or it's just my system...

At certain times, the bottom bar with progress slider and all on YouTube, in full screen, would slide out of sync horizontally for a split second.