AmazonMP3Installer.exe

avg_free_stf_en_8_233a1415_1_31-09.exe

gnucash-2.2.8-setup.exe

Nero-7.11.10.0_all_updates.exe

PD10_WS.exe

PSIsetup.exe

StarterSetup.exe

etc

I believe I am to place these programs into the Install folder and launch the WPI.hta I'm suppose to enter the name of the program, and etc. What all do I have to do? Also when I launch the wpi.hta it starts a install countdown what is that, is that when the program will compile the programs, what will be the final file?

I'm just confused I'd like it if someone could make a youtube video on it.

I will try to keep this nice and sweet.

Once you install Nero7 WPI will no longer work. So you will have to make sure Nero7 is installed last on the list. (Use numbering order for each program.)

There is already an extensive manual inside WPI and Chapter 1 has a fairly detailed description of how to add a program into WPI.

I just checked the AmazonMP3Installer and it works with the exact same switch as ccleaner so just start there.

WPI DOES NOT compile the programs when the countdown timer runs out it automatically runs each installer in a Daisy-Chain style setup. (One after the other) Assuming you have the switches setup properly then you would need no interaction with the install process.

I would make several videos if I had the will to but I have gotten NO donations in the past couple of months and it is really disenheartening. (To those who helped with the new PC drive though THANK YOU I an very gratefull)

Except for the 2 PCs that was helped for and 1 benifactor that has been generous VERY generous (Thanks Tony!) I have gotten like 50 dollars in donations over the past 2 years and mritter has gotten 1 ONE donation since he came on board.

Don't get me wrong I love WPI and will not give up on it, but I am just tired of spoon-feeding people when it is such a simple process....

I would walk you through an app or 2 over Windows messenger if you have that installed. My addy is = kelsenellenelvian @ hotmail.com <--- remove the spaces....

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

• 2 weeks later...

not to create another topic, I would add Gizmo manager but:

- I do not know what kind of installer is... I tried unsuccessfully with several tools (Cmenu).

- How do add this software to WPI?

i want add avira basic too, but in the forum support says it's not supported (basic version) :} i tried with the common switches and as far I've come is

until acceptance of the terms (the unpacking works silent but the installation noup)

my English sucks, but i try.

PD: in forums of Gizmo manager exists a solution.... but i don't understand.

posted by Logan Mueller...

The latest release features the unattended installations. Simply create one XML file to define the desired behavior, then pass it into setup:

gizmo-2515-setup.exe /Automate:"\\SharedFolder\SubFolder\SomeInstall.xml"

The XML looks like:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>

<GizmoDirector>

<Install UI="Auto" LaunchGizmo="No">

<Features>

<Feature>Gizmo Central</Feature>

<Feature>Gizmo Database</Feature>

<Feature>Gizmo Drive</Feature>

<Feature>Gizmo Editor</Feature>

<Feature>Gizmo Hasher</Feature>

<Feature>Gizmo Script</Feature>

<Feature>Gizmo Synchronization</Feature>

</Features>

<Shortcuts>

<Folder>Gizmo Central</Folder>

<Desktop>Yes</Desktop>

<Startup>Yes</Startup>

<AllUsers>Yes</AllUsers>

</Shortcuts>

<Settings>

<Setting Name="UpdateAuto" Value="0" />

</Settings>

</Install>

</GizmoDirector>

The UI attribute in the <Install> element has three options: Interactive, Auto, and None. Setting this to Interactive will cause the UI to behave like it normally does -- involving interaction from the user, though defaulting to the settings in the XML. Setting this attribute to Auto requires no interaction from the user, but displays a UI containing the progress of the install. Setting this attribute to None shows nothing.

Gizmo normally launches itself after the installation is finished, but this behavior can be turned off by setting LaunchGizmo to No.

The <Install> element has some optional attributes: Location allows the installation path to be changed, and Log enables logging for the unattended installation. Log could be set to a shared network file/path.

Code:

[...]

<Install UI="Auto" LaunchGizmo="No" Location="%PathProgFiles%\Gizmo"

Log="%PathUserMyDoc%\Gizmo\Logs\install.log">

[...]

The <Settings> block is used to change registry values under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Arainia\Gizmo\Settings. The example sets UpdateAuto to zero, which turns off the automatic checking in Software Updates, effectively removing the pop-up notification, when new versions are released. (This sort of behavior may/not be desired when specific versions of Gizmo are deployed)

This affects only HKEY_CURRENT_USER, of course, so any installations done with different user accounts would need an alternative method for manipulating foreign registry values.

S4lu2!.-

Uhhh, it's all in the config.js - read the top "commented" section. Here's an example -

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\installs\\5\\WPI_hf\\DXTEST.EXE /Q:A /R:N']

This one is set up to run from CD-ROM (a variable passed by another program). The folders/files in question are in the CD ROOT. You can place them anywhere you want to and just "point" to them as you see fit. Notice that this has additional parameters (as in your example) that can be "fed in", since it's just a matter of giving the full string. Try putting the XML in the same folder as the Setup program (the folder where Setup is will be where the XML will be found as shown in my example) and modify your "cmd" line accordingly.

If you need multiple XML variations, you will need a different folder (as in your example) and the selection would be different for each ( a separate/additional "cmd" line). Otherwise, you will probably need a separate WPI setup for each variation if you don't want the option to select a specific one for a given "set".

HTH

Edited by submix8c