How do i make an iss-file?

Hello everyone,

I've searched around the internet but i cannot find anything how to make a iss-file.

Or record a setup so i can make a unattended file.

Can anybody help me with that.

Its not for vista self, but for other software that runs under vista.

Lazy answer: read this page. A quick google search for "installshield silent switches" or something similar would also have found the documentation on acresso's site like here

Well that i've read but the problem what i have is when i type

setup.exe /r

it dos'nt record bur it removes.

Do i have to need a special program to use that commands?

I have installshield 2009 but need i installshield devstudio for it? and where can i get a demo version of it?

Lazy answer: read this page. A quick google search for "installshield silent switches" or something similar would also have found the documentation on acresso's site like here

Well that i've read but the problem what i have is when i type

setup.exe /r

it dos'nt record bur it removes.

Do i have to need a special program to use that commands?

I have installshield 2009 but need i installshield devstudio for it? and where can i get a demo version of it?

It will remove if you allready have the program installed you need to uninstall the program first then install with the /s switch then look in windows for setup.iss file.

if your ISS files are from InstallShield, use the following commands.

to record the file

setup.exe /r /f1 "c:\setup.iss"

Edit the ISS file as necessary.

to redeploy

setup /s /f1 "c:\setup.iss"

the F1 switch is a silent switch. When using the /r you need to specify the path and filename of the ISS file you want it to create.

Using /r for InstallShield setups depends on how old the installer is. Older versions use /r for remove, but newer ones use it to record. I am not certain how you can determine which version of InstallShield created an installer.

You may also be able to get the ISS file by unpacking the installer using WinRaR. If you do not find it this way, you will probably find an INX file instead, which can be read by the InstallShield dev app.

Lastly, ISS files are also created by InnoSetup as well, and they are different than InstallShield.