Processor Freezing

ojime

Hallo All

I have my PC when i press Start button i can hear the fan working but nothing appears on my monitor, i can not as well hear the Beep sound of the processor. What measures should i take

Thanks

yes i mean the fan, the button is the power button the cpu has a speaker.

Before the problem i could hear the beep sound of the CPU speaker once i press the power button

Edited by ojime

Ok I am having trouble understanding your post.

When you say start button you mean the power button on the physical chassis of the computer?

When you say 'fun' you mean 'fan'?

btw the beep sound would come from a pc speaker, not the cpu, and your case may not have one.

I am moving your post to Hardware Hangout, because this doesn't sound like a software problem.

i would aim towards cpu or video card

also a faulty ps can cause everything not to power on accordingly, but highly unlikely. when your computer starts can you hear the hard drive start turning?

if it was bad ram, and you having a speaker onboard on your mb, your would normally get a few beeps indicating bad memory, if you have a dial up connection or any other pci cards in your computer i would remove them... i've seen a bad modem cause a computer to not give video...

if you have a video card (not onboard) and have another one laying around you can try i'd try that... but your probably looking at a bad cpu or vid card

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
chipping the core? you popped the top?
Naa, the Athlon/Duron and PIII/Celeron2 CU had "softtops" or also called "softcores"...
I have my PC when i press Start button i can hear the fan working but nothing appears on my monitor, i can not as well hear the Beep sound of the processor. What measures should i take
I would put my money on the power supply or motherboard.

The Microprocessor is unlikely the problem as they only get damaged when you abuse them (99% of the time). If it would be faulty Memory, Microprocessor or video card the system would still beep with an error code, however, there are some motherboards that don´t give error codes at all.