ISO corrupt

sweetslotz

I deleted the previously created ISO and created a new one and now I can see the files on my virtual drive.

I integraed SP3 into the Winxp pro cd. The first try I remember I did not creat an ISO. The second time I did create one but it evidently didn't complete because it was a much small file and I could not see any files on my virtual drive or after it burned, the new one I created is 593MB whereas the first one was only 300mb. No it wouldn't let me attach the iso. Ty for your help :hello:

:wacko: Well JOHN!! **** lol...it won't burn tried all both ways, the image burner, and my alcohol program. Must be corrupt files somwhere in there. Perhaps I should deleted all the files and start completely over. I can see all my files tho on the virtual drive.

sweetslotz, what do you mean by won't burn? Do you get an error? If so, what? Can you use your Alcohol to put some files on a CD and see if they are there. Again, perhaps your burner is kaput. Enjoy, John.

John the iso shows files on my virtual drive but when I tried to burn it to a cd, I used 3 programs, Alcohol, Image Burner and Nlite, all of them stopped and said unable to finish burn but with no error codes. Tried it twice so it wasn't the cd. So I don't know other than maybe I do have some corrupt files.

sweetslotz, if you have a virtual system (which?), then try installing the ISO and let us know what you learn. Use 7-Zip (or you choice) to extract your ISO and see what comes out. Look in your System Log and see if there are any errors. When you look at your ISO using Windows Explorer, post a screen shot here. Did you try the writing of some files to a CD as I suggested in my last post? Enjoy, John.

John the iso shows files on my virtual drive but when I tried to burn it to a cd, I used 3 programs, Alcohol, Image Burner and Nlite, all of them stopped and said unable to finish burn but with no error codes. Tried it twice so it wasn't the cd. So I don't know other than maybe I do have some corrupt files.

You did unmount the .iso before attempting to burn it, did you? :unsure:

jaclaz