CA Antivirus FREE for a year

I went to EICAR for 4 virus test files as recommended from this post

So here is how CA AV react:

Test 1:

Attempt to download failed. --> Get around: Disable the protection temporary

So downloaded 4 files

Enable back CA AV protection

Now, when I right-click the 4 files to attempt to scan, it automatically generate a virus message & deleted 3 files (except eicarcom2.zip)

My Conclusion: CA AV able to detect automatically & removed the files with the exception of virus file which is 2 times zipped

Next, I tried to unzip eicarcom2.zip to its subfolder. Now, it throw up another warning message & the virus files is automatically deleted. So I end up with empty subfolder eicarcom2

Test2:

I downloaded the 3 files again to directly. Execute the eicom.exe file, immediately deleted the files with an infection alert message.

Execute eicar.com.txt & eicar_com.zip also gets deleted automatically with an infection alert message.

Execute eicarcom2.zip brings me down to 1 folder level (within the archive) in explorer. Execute again generated an alert message but did not delete the virus file.

So concluded CA Anti Virus able to protect me but is not able to self-disinfect for files that are double-archived.

If fact, it it able to let me download eicarcom2.zip even with protection status ON.

Frankly, I have never heard of CA AV, so I just give it a try. (Beside, the installer size is relatively small to slipstream)

===

R your fav AV having this kind of test result? or even better? Post your test if possible. Just curious to know since the av comparsion chart put CA AV at low rating.

:hello: