This noise started a few days ago

rjisinspired

Ultra tech does't seem to understand what I'm talking about. He says the supply is removable but the two wires are hardwired into the supply by a white molex, as shown in the pic below, first attachment.

The second attached pic shows the two wires being fed upward into a spot I can't get into. I unscrewed the metal plate but it doesn't remove.

I think this PS is hardwired. I don't see how to remove it without snipping the two wires which I think might go to the temp display window in the front of the case. There is another black wire that go toward the measurement of the CPU probe.

post-111891-1228423066_thumb.jpg

post-111891-1228423125_thumb.jpg

The red and the black connect to the front LCD display panel:

Hopefully whatever supply I get will come with an LCD panel for temperature readout.

According to ultras tech support, the other end of those red and black wires come out, unplugged from the molex but from the other picture I showed they look soldered so there is nothing to unplug there.

post-111891-1228426703_thumb.jpg

Hmmm. a twisty was tied around those wires and another bundle. After untying it the power supply has now been removed successfully. There were a few molex connectors at the other end of those wire, yes.

Now I'm having trouble locating something so I can screw back in the front usb and other ports. rrrrrrrrr. If I can't find this then I'll have to get another case.

Everything is all taken care of. Power supply removed and the front port is now reconnected. Found the special screws to put that part back in.

I am a bit leary about ultra products though. Maybe I should look into a different brand. I know the specs and there are other brand names. I just don't want components going bad too soon.

Thanks guys for your directions and guidance in this matter.

Antec, CoolerMaster, PC Power & Cooling, and Enermax (in no particular order) all make very good PSUs. I haven't used CoolerMaster or PCPC units in a while, but I remember them being quite good. I'm partial to Enermax MODU82+ parts at the moment, although the PRO series are good as well.