I need help with installing ram! Please

minhphan

you could just take one ram stick to a shop and ask what it is and then they should tell you what they have for sale thats good for you computer

not just any shop but lol

a computer store

Dick Smith is a good shop but i dont know if is in your country

watch out they may rip you off at Dick Smith

thanks but i dont know much english :) do you know any stores that sell rams? thanks

@nerwin: do you have email?

Most computer stores sell ram.

Also, what is the make and model of your PC? Look at it and tell us. Is it a Dell, Apple, Acer.... etc. And what model it is.

Don't give us a bunch of junk from PCWizard. That does not help us, and it does not help you since we may reccomend the wrong type of memory.

I really do not believe you can stick 2GB of ram in that thing. Not with 128mb stick originally.

If you want to learn more about the RAM that you have, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR_RAM

oh i think my model is awrdacpi and manufacture is Phoenix Technologies

No, that is not really the manufacturer. That is the name of the people who wrote the BIOS (the startup chip).

What name is on the outside of the case? OR, what names and words are on the motherboard inside the case?

oh i think my model is awrdacpi and manufacture is Phoenix Technologies or something that's why i cant find ram on Crucial.com because it said that can't find manufacture

:blink:

Crucial won't give you a proper answer because you are giving it wrong information.

What is physically printed on the outside of the computer case? A sticker, a label, an engraving.

dell-xps-m1330.jpg

Notice how the Dell laptop is branded "DELL"?

Edited by weEvil

Don't touch anything.

If you can't figure out the manufacturer from looking at the laptop itself, then it's best you don't try to disassemble things (you might break something), to then try to buy RAM that might work and all that.

Take it to a decent computer store around your place, tell them you want more RAM in it. They'll know what it needs, what it can use, how to install it, and they'll be glad to sell you what you need also. Installation fees shouldn't be too high either (I've seen plenty of places that would do something like this for like $20).

hmm i dont really know what manufacture... outside of the case there is nothing just the CPU only

i bought it 2 years ago at Frys Electronic

You bought a generic laptop. Whitebox notebook.

Take the ram out and take a picture or scan of BOTH sides and paste them here for us...

^ What he said.

This doesn't solve the issue of: What does the motherboard support?

You want to do a system scan and maybe get a motherboard name. Use Everest Home Edition, and SiSoft Sandra.

Give us a readout of hardware listing in both programs.

I know you used PCWizard, but its not a good application.

Edited by weEvil