Can anyone tell me what this is?

bonestonne

$500 Dollars? Really?

Possibly if you can figure out exactly what it is first.

Even then, selling price isn't so much the issue, as waiting for someone who needs that specific part. Those things aren't exactly in high demand, doubly so now with everybody moving to voip.

There's really only 8 of the 16 ports on the card, and nowadays a 8 port FXS card (for asterisk/trixbox/whatever) can be had for under $300.

Edited by crahak

wow...kind of out of the loop past couple days (problems with the lady-friend)...

well, there's really nothing else i can do with it, i'll probably list in on ebay for a while...it's all packaged in a box and all. it just doesn't have the ring generators on it, so i guess i couldn't really get more than $200 for it...

suggestions are very welcome...and thanks all for solving the mystery!

if nothing else i'll have to see what anyone at the local dump has to say about it (that place is a gold mine for parts and people, there are guys there that work for phone companies that can probably tell me all about this thing).

however it got to the hands of the electrician that gave it to me, i have no idea, maybe his uncle ordered the wrong part? (it's a family run business).

i'll probably list in on ebay for a while...

The problem with those kind of things is, it 99% likely won't sell the first time. You could relist it many times, and pay near the item's worth in fees by the time it sells (unless you get very lucky and someone just happened to be looking exactly for that). And it's not like you can even try to sell with no reserve to lower your ebay fees, as the first and only person looking for it will bid, and you'll get $1 for it.

Personally, I'd probably contact a place that sells such things 2nd hand, and ask them how much they'd give you for it. No waiting, no ridiculous ebay fees (or any of the usual hassles selling on ebay), just an honest amount, straight in your pockets. They'll hold onto it for weeks or months, and sell it at a good price to whoever needs it then. Likely, they'll be able to test it and provide a warranty, which you can't do yourself (selling as-is with no warranty on ebay isn't a recipe for getting big $ either).

It's more or less the same thing I do with photo stuff. Stores will gladly buy your old stuff, to resell it at a profit. I'd probably get a few $ more selling it on ebay (photo stuff is a lot more common, there's LOTSs of buyers). But all the stuff you got to do... Handing out many shipping estimates, answering tons of questions, tracking #s to email and all that stuff for every item... And ebay + paypal fees are not so low. It's just not worth the hassle IMO.

Lol, sell it to my friend, he will find a computer that uses it and will use the computer, since I seen him have really really old computers doing stupid stuff. hahaha. Its bad enough he copies my home network :S

How is a single $0.15 insertion fee ridiculous on an item that doesn't sell?

Insertion fees are higher than $0.15 if you start at a dollar or more. And it's not just insertion fees either. There's also the reserve fees (1% of reserve price, so if reserve is $200, there goes $2 extra). And if you want a buy it now option, then that's extra yet again. All of which you pay as often as you run the ad, which could be many times. Then once it finally sells, you pay 8.75% of the first $25, and 3.50% of the rest. And then Paypal's fees of about 3%. And that's assuming you don't get any extras like bold, gallery, or anything like that. And that you're not paying for extra or larger images either. It does add up quickly to more than you expected it to.

he will find a computer that uses it and will use the computer

Too bad it's not computer related at all?