Vista returned to normal size WTF

porkas

So I finaly managed to make a slim version of my vista homepremium dvd, installed it saw that windows was now only 4.5 GB compared to old size of 11 GB. But after windows had installed som updates it returned to 11 GB WTF, can anyone tell me what happened. My old vista version had the same updates plus the 6 GB I removed when I made my slim version., so how can both versions be 11 GB??

winsxs folder, to keep app compatibility

system restore? (disable it and run disk cleanup to remove points, then run this command in an admin'd cmd window vssadmin resize shadowstorage /for=c: /on=c: /maxsize=300mb )

hibernation file?

Edited by bledd

I hade already removed hibernationfile, the two big folders are winsxs and C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

first of all can I and is it recommended to remove all folders in winsxs that startwith amd64(since 'm running a intel 64bt system) and all ther other folders for the systems i dont have?

Seond in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download there are a lot of folders that contaion files that have KBXXXXXX(x is for random number) in there name, are those old updates files that I can remove?

Never remove files in the winsxs folder. Some of the files in there are critical files that can make you system to not work, especially the folders starting with "amd64" (since you have Vista x64).

For you information, the term "amd64" is just a generic name to express the extension x64 (Intel AND AMD). It was named amd64 because it was first AMD that put 64bit CPUs onto the market.

Edited by El Barry