how to find if a driver is supported

kararu

Hi ppl,

I added my ISM(ipmi sys mgmnt) driver to the offline WinPE image (Windows AIK said 'peimg completed the operation succesfully')

and now I have created a WinPE iso file.

Does this mean WinPE supports my driver. Or will I know it only when using WinPE.

thanks for any sort of help.

kararu.

Note: The driver I added is the one for windows 2003. (winPE version is 2.0 because I created it from WAIK).

Is there any way of getting WinPE 1.6 (1.6 came from Win2003)

as far as i know windows 2003 drivers will not automatically load onto vista (winpe 2.0). do you not have a vista version of the driver to slipstram into your image?

ahh. also, you may runinto major system instabilities by loading a 2003 driver on vista. but on the odd occasion they do work.

Edited by Atheros

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I dont have any other version of my driver. Its there only for win2003.

While injecting into offline winPE2.0 image are we loding the driver fully?

Even when it says success, are we not stable?

With winPE2.0 we can deploy only Vista, or some other OS like win 2003 SP1,xp etc too?

What about WinPE2.1 ?

thanks

kararu.

yes i tried it out. it says it installs succesfully. But it is not initialising.

devcon says device found. but driver is not running.error 37 (means driver routine entry was unsuccessful)..

but how to find more about this?

ppl surely share in your ideas.

ppl ..moreover

I just want to know if a windows vista driver will always install and work in WinPE2.0(vista PE). Or some drivers wont work just because it is a PE and not full OS.

for example will any win2003 driver work in Win1.6(2003 PE). Whata the difference between win 2003 OS and WinPE-2003 in driver world.

thanks. help GREATLY appreciated.

Edited by kararu