Can't get Nlite to run or install

morph99

I got a

Compaq Presario SR5130NX AMD AthlonTm 64 X2 Dual -core 3800 +

I'm running Windows XP Professional.

I tried both the self-extracting and the installer and both times I get an error that says

"The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

CS: 0dcc IP:031d OP:63 6c 61 73 73 Choose "close" to terminate the application"

Anyone help?

See reply on your other post:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Can-t-install-nL...VDM-t91686.html

It appears to be a kind of corruption created by some "bad" antivirus/automatic scanning.

jaclaz

I CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE STUPID INSTALLER EITHER WITH INTERNET EXPLORER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you guys like cutting out 50 % of your customers. And you guys are blaming this problem on me, well I use quite of bit of open source software and guess what, yours is the only one that won't install.

chill out cupcake.

pretty sure he was just trying to help you.

if u dont like the suggestions people give to u, i would look elsewhere, no need to be rude/ignorant

lol no need to bash people.. it could be something even on your end..

i just tried to download the installer again from nuhi's site, works fine.. i chose mirror 2 of the installer just randomly & it downloaded the full file fine, checksum is ok aswell. anyways, instead of pointing fingers, just say u had to use an alternate download site & thats what solved your issue.

maybe try using a download manager, Free Download Manager works well with all browsers AFAIK.

Edited by Tarun

Thread cleaned up.

Friendly reminder:

7.b This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without notice.