nLite mentioned in latest PCLinuxOS magazine

Kurt_Aust

PCLinuxOS Magazine

Article describes setting up a nLited XP within VirtualBox on a Linux host, good idea for an article but it damages it's credibility when in the first section it states:

This should work relatively well with Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, or possibly even Vista.

Leaving aside that nLite doesn't work on Win9x or Vista, VirtualBox does not offer Virtual Machine additions for Win9x.

For those with low bandwith (the .pdf is 11Mb) there is also the online htm version, here:

http://pclosmag.com/html/Issues/200810/enter.html

The article is here:

http://pclosmag.com/html/Issues/200810/page03.html

I guess you were confused by the sentence, I think that actually the Author wanted to say that Virtualbox should work well with all those systems, not that nlite works with them. :unsure:

jaclaz

I guess you were confused by the sentence, I think that actually the Author wanted to say that Virtualbox should work well with all those systems, not that nlite works with them. :unsure:

That may be what he meant, but it's not what he said, the original article didn't specify that the nLite section only applied to NT5.x versions of Windows.

However that doesn't change the fact that VirtualBox doesn't support Win9x with Virtual Machine Additions, making it a sucky choice if you want to virtualize the old 98se.

However that doesn't change the fact that VirtualBox doesn't support Win9x with Virtual Machine Additions, making it a sucky choice if you want to virtualize the old 98se.

Sure :), maybe that's the origin of the "should" and particularly of the "relatively well". ;)

jaclaz