user cant logon to domain after using autologon feature

i have successfully created automated dvd. but i noticed that the administrator was always auto logging on. i want to get it to the point where i get the Ctl-alt-del box so a normal user can logon. i also needed to install apps coming from Guirunonce and my install.cmd. thus i need it to login as admin to get the apps installed, reboot once and get the ctl-alt-del box so a normal user can login. the problem is it is not letting me get to the domain after that first reboot. the ppas get instlled fine on the first logon with admini. but after that first reboot, no matter which user logs in (including the domain admin), i cant logon. i thought by using the autologon and autologoncount features, i can correct the problem. here is my winnt.sif. please help. thanks

[GuiUnattended]

EncryptedAdminPassword="No"

AutoLogon="Yes"

AutologonCount=1

AdminPassword="..........."

TimeZone=035

OEMSkipRegional=1

OemSkipWelcome=1

You need to specify a few other registry keys.

DefaultUserName

DefaultPassword

DefaultDomainName

Follow these procedure to force Windows Vista and Windows XP to skip and bypass asking user for user to select or input user name and password:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. In Windows Vista, simply type regedit in Start Search and hit Enter.

2. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

3. Double-click the DefaultUserName entry, type the user name to log on with, and then click OK.

If DefaultUserName registry value name is not found, create the new String Value (REG_SZ) with value name as DefaultUserName.

4. Double-click the DefaultPassword entry, type the password for the user account under the value data box, and then click OK.

If there is no DefaultPassword value, create a new String Value subkey (REG_SZ) with DefaultPassword as the value name.

Note that if no DefaultPassword string is specified, Windows automatically changes the value of the AutoAdminLogon registry key from 1 (true) to 0 (false) to turn off the AutoAdminLogon feature.

5. In Windows Vista, DefaultDomainName has to be specified as well, else Windows will prompt of invalid user name with user name displayed as .\username. To do so, double click on DefaultDomainName, and specify the domain name of the user account. If it’s local user, specify local host name.

If the DefaultDomainName does not exist, create a new String Value (REG_SZ) registry key with value name as DefaultDomainName.

6. Double-click the AutoAdminLogon entry, type 1 in the Value Data box, and then click OK.

If there is no AutoAdminLogon entry, create a new String Value entry (REG_SZ) with AutoAdminLogon as the value name.

7. If exist, delete the AutoLogonCount key.

8. Quit Registry Editor.

9. Click Start, click Restart, and then click OK.

After computer reboots and Windows XP or Vista starts, system can log on automatically to the preset or predefined user in the registry.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/15/h...-domain-member/

You need to specify a few other registry keys.

DefaultUserName

DefaultPassword

DefaultDomainName

Follow these procedure to force Windows Vista and Windows XP to skip and bypass asking user for user to select or input user name and password:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. In Windows Vista, simply type regedit in Start Search and hit Enter.

2. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

3. Double-click the DefaultUserName entry, type the user name to log on with, and then click OK.

If DefaultUserName registry value name is not found, create the new String Value (REG_SZ) with value name as DefaultUserName.

4. Double-click the DefaultPassword entry, type the password for the user account under the value data box, and then click OK.

If there is no DefaultPassword value, create a new String Value subkey (REG_SZ) with DefaultPassword as the value name.

Note that if no DefaultPassword string is specified, Windows automatically changes the value of the AutoAdminLogon registry key from 1 (true) to 0 (false) to turn off the AutoAdminLogon feature.

5. In Windows Vista, DefaultDomainName has to be specified as well, else Windows will prompt of invalid user name with user name displayed as .\username. To do so, double click on DefaultDomainName, and specify the domain name of the user account. If it’s local user, specify local host name.

If the DefaultDomainName does not exist, create a new String Value (REG_SZ) registry key with value name as DefaultDomainName.

6. Double-click the AutoAdminLogon entry, type 1 in the Value Data box, and then click OK.

If there is no AutoAdminLogon entry, create a new String Value entry (REG_SZ) with AutoAdminLogon as the value name.

7. If exist, delete the AutoLogonCount key.

8. Quit Registry Editor.

9. Click Start, click Restart, and then click OK.

After computer reboots and Windows XP or Vista starts, system can log on automatically to the preset or predefined user in the registry.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/15/h...-domain-member/

thanks for your response

1. does this take into account that i probably need to login as admin first so the apps can get installed . then i need to reboot and login as regular user. although i dont understand why i need to login as admin to get apps installed if there are all in the \install folder off of C:\ (result of unattended install using my winnt.sif file and

2. the above instructions sound that i need to do this post xp install. i need to get these setting on the unattended DVD.

can you elaborate a littel more on the above. thanks

this is the weirdest problem. i successfully login as a few different users. i come back an hour or so later and i cant login.

"windows cannot connect to the domain.....because your computer account was not found". how can this be if i successfully logged in as differnt users only an hour ago. i cant even login as domain admin. Help !!

i had tried to rename is a previous testing session and had no success.

it seems that until i renamed it and gave a new SID with the microsoft NewSID program (the new sid program gives it a new sid and renames the computer), it wasnt going to work.

thankfully it looks like everything is ok now. but i thought it was very weird that my research on this site (which i think is the best site i have ever been to) didnt mention needing a new SID. unless of course i missed something

thanks again

this what i did. after the normal unattended install, that is where the problem starts. so i delete the machine off the domain, put in workgroup. reboot. run the NewSID program. reboot. login as local admin, add the machine on the domain. then everything is good. i wish there was a way i can automate the whole thing, beginning to end