Directly installing any program into windows source

mitsukai

Hi, last time i made a SVCPACK debugger. I lost the source code of it and im not gonna update it anymore.

I have a new idea this time. This involves directly installing any program into the windows source.

For example i want to install Bricopacks vista ultimate 2.

- Start my application.

- Specify the windows source

- Specify the installer

- Press OK

- Go through the intsaller interface.

- Directly installed into the windows source.

Basicly there are a few ways i can do this.

- Redirect all registery and file functions to the windows source. (gonna be very hard todo since the structure of the windows source is not the same as a installed windows, obviously)

- Create an addon that puts al the installed files and registery keys in place. (Easy)

maybe i could make it so you can pick between either one of them.

What i want to achieve.

No more SVCPACK addons(unless u pick the second method).

No more runonce installations.

Faster installation, since all u do is copy registery keys and files. The installer doesnt need to process anything anymore, since you did the processing when u installed it directly into the source.

If i can do this properly. I could even make it so you can run TweakUI, or other programs into the windows source, all changes will affect the windows source and not the local windows.

This couldkind off be a simulation.

I wanna hear your opiinions and ideas, thanks.

(and i just realized that this should not belong into nlite, but maybe nuhi wants to put this feature in nlite if i can get this work properly : D )

- Create an addon that puts al the installed files and registery keys in place. (Easy)

As far as I know, this already exist. It's called True Addon. And I don't think that this can be added to nLite because every application is different and it's not easy as you think it is. Try to make .NetFramework 2.0 True addon, like OnePiece done for .Net 1.1. But anyway this is great idea, true addons are the best.

Cheers ;)

are you sure it is the same? doesnt true addon just put the installer and an inf and ini file into archive. What my application will do is put all files and registery changes that the installer makes into a addon. i think its diffrent but im not sure.

Edited by mitsukai

are you sure it is the same? doesnt true addon just put the installer and an inf and ini file into archive. What my application will do is put all files and registery changes that the installer makes into a addon. i think its diffrent but im not sure.

Well, I'm not sure how it works, but when you integrate true addon, it is not installed like addons at T-13, it's directly integrated, like hotfixes.

Cheers ;)

EDIT: Well, I'm sure that it does not use installer.

Edited by mara-

Just get knee deep into portable programs or how to make programs usable as at least half-way portable programs (meaning they still writes to registry) so u have to do as little installations as possible.

Then you can either have setup use shortcurts to programs on other partitions or only have them being copied with $oem folders f.ex.

I have already done this, all of the small apps that i want to have intergrated into my XP CD are all intergrated into the source. They all have there registry settings. I decompress the files and then write an inf installer which has all the registry settings for the program. They also get installed at T-13 stage and when windows is installed my programs are all setup ready to run. The only problem is that it could take me a couple of days to do one program.

Edited by Worf

Yeah and i geuss your gonna install .NET into your windows by hand. good luck.

Yeah and i geuss your gonna install bricopacks which patches DLL's by hand. not so hard as .NET but still.

ITS AUTOMATED. i dint ask for how u can do this with a program by hand. because thats is EASY for me.

and dont tell me to get into something, because you dont know anything about me or my knowledge! that p***es me off! It makes you look like you think you know things better than me. (unless is completly rellevent to my post!)

And please bear the **** with me causeim really depressed lately. Im trying to make a usefull utility that will make life alot easier for everyone, and i get this s*** posts. THANKS ALOT. i asked for ideas and opinions, not how u can do this yourself.

Sorry for me being p***ed but i have really no patience, to many problems in my life, thank you.

Edited by mitsukai

Sorry if i offended you mitsukai, it wasn't meant to sound that way. All i was saying is that i install my progs through INF Files and not through SVCPACK or using switches. The programs i was talking about was Vuze, ConvertXtoDVD,PowerISO,WinRAR ect, which are programs i use alot.

If someone can create a program to be able to install programs not using SVCPack then great.

No i dont't know anything about your knowledge and i can imagin that you have more knowledge than me when it come to unattened Windows XP cd's, yes i am still learning and i have gained alot in what i have done in experementing and if i can pass that on and give other users ideas then i will no matter how easy or hard it is........

If i can find away of installing drivers the way windows does without having to use other methods in this form and i am succesful then i will post it in these forums as long as it will help others. I have been half succesful in doing this with my XBOX 360 wireless controler by getting windows to recognise it and installing the drive automaticly after windows has installed and being on my desktop.....

Also i also have problems in my life but i do not take them out on other users in this forum for some thing they have said or do when it comes to the way they install there programs......

Anyway, as for ideas for a program to do what you are talking about. The only way i can see you being able to achieve this is being able to get your program to monitor the way the program installs and write it's values to the registry ect. then get your program to copy all the files to a temp directory write all the registry entries it makes and any other modifications it does to another file. Then either give the user to either great an addon or directly intergrate it into the windows source. If the user decides to create an addon then your program would create an inf file with the registry entries and then all the other info into the entries inf file like you would a normal addon.

If the user decides to intergrate it into the windows source then you would copy all files to a temp directory and then create and inf file with all the other information it neads to install the software then either compress the files into a CAB which is what i do, or write them to the Txtsetup.sif and Dosnet.inf. I know it is not going to be an easy task and not being able to program myself i will be unable to help you out.

I guess now you are going to flame me for going off the tracks here?

Haha...

Im not gonna flame you now... I just had a rough week, andd i kinda flipped. Sorry

I can tell you how i do this...

Its kind off a hack, i did the same thing with my SVCPACK debugger.

I learned this by making game hacks(not that i ever used the hacks).

What i do is this:

- Start the application that i will "monitor" in paused mode (windows dint even start reading the PE headers yet)

- Modify the memory of the application, so that my module (DLL) will be included into the PE headers.

- Resume the application. Windows will start reading the modified PE headers, and load my DLL into the application.

that is step 1.

here is step2:

- when my DLL is loaded by windows into the application, it will rewrite the export table of the windows system DLL PE header.

- The functions are being rerouted to my DLL's functions which are intercepting all file and registery functions.

- In those rerouted functions i will reroute all files and registery keys, to my temp addon folder.

outcome: a true addon even for the hardest to install applications, like any .NET. And you can even run TweakUI via my application on the desktop and all changes will be affecting the windows source and not the local computer.

I sayd this is a hack. Buts also essential for antihacking software you see in games, and also some antivruses might use it.

Sorry again for my flame yesterday.

this is also one of the many reason why windows is so hackable.

thats why they made DEP, and in vista they have enother security feature...

so im not sure if i can make this application work for vista...

If i knew other ways todo this i would but i dont know.

Edited by mitsukai

That does sound like a cool project.

Maybe call it something like AppIn or AppInSo?

>> maybe I could make it so you can pick between either one of them.

That would be nice too.

If this kept track of what was added, with the ability to either remove what was added “from source” or enable ‘disable that item’s installation, then that would be even nicer.

A side note about the whole bad mood thing:

Maybe you’ve got some of those US satellites pulsing microwaves into your home. USAF is launching one of those about every 30 days now. They pass as pulsed microwaves used for harmless surveillance, but this stuff is anything but harmless. They are doing to people what the US Navy is doing to the whales – beached with bleeding ears. I can now hear and feel these higher frequencies – a person develops a sensitivity to harmful things after enough exposure. And I've seen some very strange animal behavior near my home on at least 8 different occasions. One thing for sure – and my point – is that these pulsed microwaves can be tweaked to do many things, especially insidious of is mood control & sleep loss. As I can NOW hear this and can tell when they are cranking it up, I can also personally attest to how aggressive & unsettled I feel while being exposed to certain frequencies. And there are other frequencies that do other things. I heard and felt a very strong pulse the other day that set off my neighbor’s car alarm. And they have set off my smoke alarms before too. Still amazes me that they can b***h about what the FBI is doing with the phone companies, but completely ignore this blatant absolute power conducted by any one of the US’s 15+ security agencies (or their private contractors). As real as rain.

well i do hear some peeping sound... but i just think its my ears... and i do have loss of sleep ... i can hardly sleep...

that sounds kinda creepyy but i havent noticed anything weird like that around me.. also america is so far away from me. i live in CEST and america is like GMT + 8... or - 8 ? whatever its far away anyway...

does your brain feel like they gonna explode?

i think im just stressed

Edited by mitsukai