Virtual PC problem!

Wackster

Hiya all,

I have a problem!!!! No, it isn't something a doctor can fix :rolleyes: . I started using Virtual PC 2007 to try and test vLite out. But when I first tried to use it using the original disk I got this error.

virtpc.jpg

The version of Virtual PC 2007 I got was for the 64bit version (32bit version won't allow me to install it - I tried just to make sure I d/l the right version :blushing: )

The OEM I have of Vista Ultimate is 64bit

My computer is 64bit

I can use the original disk and do a complete reinstall of my computer (without using virt pc), yet if I use virt pc with original or with slipstreamed disk I get this error.

Upon investigating this further I noticed the below difference, any ideas?

virtpcdiff.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks DigeratiPrime, I had found that answer after some searching (now using VM server).

What I don't understand, regardless of compatability issues, does it show different info for CPU etc?

Because it's emulating the CPU you're using. Neither Virtual PC or VMWare Server (or workstation) are level 1 (hypervisor) virtualization products, which means they're level 2 and are virtualizing everything through the guest OS, including the processor and motherboard type, speed, chipset, etc.