anyone know of SW to lock kb/mouse and only display running app on scr

ceez

hello everyone,

I have a workstation that is connected to plotter printer, we usually just lock the workstation and the users do not have the password. Unfortunately this workstation shows if there are jobs on queue and error messages.

I've been looking for an application that will allow me to display the screen but disable/lock the kb/mouse.

I found a small app called ToddlesKeys but once activated it will show you on the screen what password to type to re-enable everything....I need to keep that pw hidden! :)

does anyone know of such application?

I cant remove the kb/mouse cause sometimes their tech comes in to fix some issues and he needs to sit at the workstation.

Thanks,

ceez

:thumbup

Well what you can do is have 2 user accounts: a limited user account and an administrator account. The admin account would be for the tech and have a password on it. The limited user can have a password, use autologon or not. Then assign a Group Policy to the limited user account to be applied at startup. This can lock out the keyboard and mouse for this user, and if a reboot is made, you could log on as the admin account and make corrections. Of course, you are going to need to be running XP Pro, Vista Business or Vista Ultimate, or another OS but the computer and users would have to be added to the active directory (domain).