nliteos.cmd not found

emailaya

Probably he uses the CD which was already nlited, meaning it has nlite.cmd and all the proper entries and then he Slipstreams SP3 which overwrites txtsetup/dosnet as it should overwrite all the files and thus removing copy entries and making the winnt.sif nlite.cmd call reporting missing file.

emailaya, is there i386\nlite.cm_ in that folder where you slipstream SP3 to?

If it isn't then attach your preset and I'll try (last session.ini). If you do anything else except the Slipstream because nlite.cmd ia added only on Unattended - Runonce.

I tried it and it works fine.

Edited by nuhi

Probably he uses the CD which was already nlited, meaning it has nlite.cmd and all the proper entries and then he Slipstreams SP3 which overwrites txtsetup/dosnet as it should overwrite all the files and thus removing copy entries and making the winnt.sif nlite.cmd call reporting missing file.

If it isn't then attach your preset and I'll try (last session.ini). If you do anything else except the Slipstream because nlite.cmd ia added only on Unattended - Runonce.

there is nlite.cm_ file in I386 on the slipstreamed cd i created

i pasted the session ini in a PM i sent u few days ago

all i do is slipstream SP3 (nlite asks for a permission to remove hotfixes and i allow it to do so) and made some changes in the explorer environment (details view, small icons and such).

i didnt remove components and didnt ask to install anything after the windows installation is over

i did put some info in the key and workgroup and defined administrator to log on automatically

what do u mean: Unattended - Runonce? this might explain things. perhaps the previous nlite cd (xpsp2) did need nlite.cmd while the new cd (xpsp3), doesnt need it but still it looks for it because of leftovers from the previous nlite version (xpsp2) ?

You are starting to waste my time.

Reread my previous message and see if there is nlite.cm_ in the folder before you slipstream sp3.

i dont understand your aggresive reply when it is obvious i didnt understand where u wanted me to look for this file

i remember u didnt understand something i wrote u in a PM and i just explained again without some additional remarks that worth nothing

yes there is such file, which might just confirms what i wrote in my "wasting your time" post

emailaya, have you tried a complete redo for your disk?

I think you should do that first before anything. Make sure that you do it with the latest nLite version too (1.4.8) and remember to test in VirtualBox.

I hope you have your lastsession files handy ;) !!

emailaya, have you tried a complete redo for your disk?

I think you should do that first before anything. Make sure that you do it with the latest nLite version too (1.4.8) and remember to test in VirtualBox.

I hope you have your lastsession files handy ;) !!

i wrote here to nuhi about the steps i have made and there might be a bug related to nlite.cmd file

but since this msg, everyone got silence

emailaya, "yes there is such file". Then what do you want from me, to give you clean XP SP2 or what? It is not a bug I already explained it to you.

well, its your app after all.

if someone nlited xp -> xpsp2 (and put nlite.cmd as part of the process)

and then nlited xpsp2 -> xpsp3 (without the need of nlite.cmd)

and the above generates a problem that gives the user a popup message with a warning

and still u think this is ok, i wont argue with u even though i find it weird to consider a warning message that shouldnt appear as "not a bug"

to happy dude: my problem is that my xp is old and requires activation while my xpsp2 is newer and doesnt need an activation

so i prefer to use the xpsp2 version.

You shouldn't be slipstreaming service packs into anything but a clean, unaltered source. This should be common sense. If you never had a clean SP2 source then I'd recommend buying one, or using your old XP source that you don't like because it needs activation.

You can't expect nuhi or anybody else to support warez. Who knows what's been done to it before you received it, if indeed you did download it illegitimately.

Edited by 5eraph

You shouldn't be slipstreaming service packs into anything but a clean, unaltered source. This should be common sense. If you never had a clean SP2 source then I'd recommend buying one, or using your old XP source that you don't like because it needs activation.

You can't expect nuhi or anybody else to support warez. Who knows what's been done to it before you received it, if indeed you did download it illegitimately.

so many mis-conclusions - amazing

no - its not illegal

no - its not warez

even MS itself confirms my version each time im using windows update.

r u sure i shouldnt slipstream sp3 into sp2? well, XP supports that very well, the warning comes from nlite, not XP.

i never heard of an application that asks u to uninstall its previous update before applying a new one, did u?

for sure XP doesnt asks for it, it seems to be a "requirement" of nlite.

i think nlite has a problem in this situation but since im not the developer of nlite, i wont argue with nuhi. i said what i had to say and he is the one to call the shots, if he prefers not to take care of this situation, so be it.

The fact remains: Microsoft never released a service pack that removes activation. Period. Obviously, you're not being truthful about the source of your VLK edition SP2 CD. You did not slipstream SP2 into your activation CD and end up with one that does not require activation. You cannot expect nuhi to help you, nor can you expect me to believe you.