EDIT:: Got Around --- nLite.exe - Application Error

Happy-Dude

Heya guys !!

Well, right now, I've just finally made my .iso for my WinXP Pro !! Yayy.

This is what I did:

[first two are same]

--Use nLite to copy source and slipstream SP3

--Use RVMi to slipstream post-updates + system file patches

--Use boooggy's WMP11 slipstreamer

AND finally:: use nLite to do everything else, as in a whole pack !! And ... IT WORKED :thumbup !!

Yayyy!!

I'm uploading my lastsessions for those who are interested to see.

It all turned out all right :) !! Now to just test it out .... Wish me luck ;)

-----------------------------------When I had the problems:

EDIT::

More recent post:

Alright, so last night, I gave it another go.

I was pretty happy for the first 3 steps. Unfortunately, it didn't work out in the end and later today, I'll have to start again ...

Here is my current prodecure:

--nLite: copy WinXP SP2 Pro onto PC

--nLite: slipstream XP SP3 onto the source

--RVMi: slipstream update packs AND special patches from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2274

Reason why I need RVMi:

nLite doesn't support these addons. You have to use nLite's own patching methods, which, I believe, do not patch the RAID files.

The only patch in here that nLite supports is the HIVESYS 1024x768 resolution patch

Zacam made these patches very simple and neat this time

and should all work with nlite

I don't think they are compatable with nLite. Unless nLite now supports the [HexEdit] section? nLite has most of these patches built into it so it doesn't really make since for anyone who uses nLite to use most of these addons.

hahahh yes you are right !

I was meaning compatible

these patches where'nt compatible before

a especially ones for syssteup

that was an issue by itself, since that's one of the first files nlite looks into

the older patches used to break nlite's setup method but easily fixed

As for nLite......If I ever got around to testing it or even using it, I would offer alternatives for it, such as direct DLL replacements. The problem with that is time and space. I'm working on the later but currently don't have much in the way of the former.

--nLite: integrate XPize via method described in here http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t97530.html

--nLite: Remove components

NOTE: ERROR sometime occurs here

--use boooggy's WMP11 slipstreamer on source

--nLite: integrate Internet Explorer 7 via OnePiece's Internet Explorer 7 True Addon with cosmetic pack AND integrate DriverMax backed-up drivers

NOTE: if error did not happen before, more often then not, error won't occur here

--nLite: integrate ALL OTHER ADD-ONs and select unattended + tweaks + options

NOTE: This is my LAST step (before iso) AND it is where the error occurs most often

My guess: something's wrong it an add-on. I dunno which ones, though ... Can anyone give me a hand here?

Thanks a lot, guys. I really appreciate it :) !!

-------------------------------------------------Original Post --lastsession outdated.

Heya guys!!

Alright, so I'm finally doing an nLite install.

This is the method I'm using so far (in essence, I'm doing this http://www.msfn.org/board/What-order-works...-t119758.html):

--nLite: Slipstream SP3

--RVMi: Slipstream update packs & UXtheme + HIVESYS.INF + TCPIP.SYS add-ons from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2274

--Integrate XPize via http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t97530.html method

--nLite: Remove components (will post my lastsession.inf file)

This is when a --reference issue-- came up. Sorry, I didn't catch the error completely. However, after clicking okay, the slipstream went fine. nLite continues the use the pack, not saying that it was errored, incomplete, or anything of that sorts :) .

So, I think it is a compressing issue (since it happened during that stage). Anyone care to help?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it :) !!

LastSession.7z

Edited by Happy-Dude

Nope, error still occured:

nLite.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0x0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x78588389

Happened while processing the WeatherPulse add-on.

Anyone know why?

-------Original Post (forgot to put this here to separate it ... Sorry, was very tired -_- )

Heya, I'm wondering, since I was able to avoid this problem (after failing two more times today [-_-]) by:

--Pausing/ stopping security programs (which I did)

--Running a memory optimizer (which I did)

--Stop activity (which I did, watching the nLite)

--Not being online.

Anything? So far, it has helped me :) .

Edited by Happy-Dude

Alright, so last night, I gave it another go.

I was pretty happy for the first 3 steps. Unfortunately, it didn't work out in the end and later today, I'll have to start again ...

Here is my current prodecure:

--nLite: copy WinXP SP2 Pro onto PC

--nLite: slipstream XP SP3 onto the source

--RVMi: slipstream update packs AND special patches from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2274

Reason why I need RVMi:

nLite doesn't support these addons. You have to use nLite's own patching methods, which, I believe, do not patch the RAID files.

The only patch in here that nLite supports is the HIVESYS 1024x768 resolution patch

I don't think they are compatable with nLite. Unless nLite now supports the [HexEdit] section? nLite has most of these patches built into it so it doesn't really make since for anyone who uses nLite to use most of these addons.

I was meaning compatible

that was an issue by itself, since that's one of the first files nlite looks into

As for nLite......If I ever got around to testing it or even using it, I would offer alternatives for it, such as direct DLL replacements. The problem with that is time and space. I'm working on the later but currently don't have much in the way of the former.

--nLite: integrate XPize via method described in here http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t97530.html

--nLite: Remove components

NOTE: ERROR sometime occurs here

--use boooggy's WMP11 slipstreamer on source

--nLite: integrate Internet Explorer 7 via OnePiece's Internet Explorer 7 True Addon with cosmetic pack AND integrate DriverMax backed-up drivers

NOTE: if error did not happen before, more often then not, error won't occur here

--nLite: integrate ALL OTHER ADD-ONs and select unattended + tweaks + options

NOTE: This is my LAST step (before iso) AND it is where the error occurs most often

My guess: something's wrong it an add-on. I dunno which ones, though ... Can anyone give me a hand here?

Thanks a lot, guys. I really appreciate it :) !!

Edited by Happy-Dude

My mistake, TanceEnergy.

Here are the reasons: (from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2274 )

I was meaning compatible

I'll edit my posts accordingly.

Are they, by any chance, compatible now?

Edited by Happy-Dude

EDIT::

Yay !! It worked :) !! Read my edited first post :thumbup !!

Now I'll move onto testing ... Wish me luck :) !!

--------------------------

Argh, error occurred again... This time, I tried to use RVMi as little as possible (update pack + system file patches only)::

Edited by Happy-Dude

Now Trace that wasn't very nice... :crazy:

OK heres my 2 cents:

MANUALLY copy source, slipstream sp3 and merge driver cab files, burn NEW source.

Run nlite and add ALL addons and update packs (Except for the couple non-nLite compatable ones.) Including WMP, IE7 and XPize (I like darkside better :P ) You can find sp3 ready logonui's for both XPize packs over at wincert... Everything in one big GO!

Run RVMi and then add the last couple addons in...

P.S. My CPL bonus pack HAS tweakui in it you don't need both addons. :o

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Erm ... TranceEnergy, I'm only a coordinator of (the next) XPize.

I actually dunno when the Software Developer tag was added to my account (I think it was just last week), and I think its just a tag.

Don't worry; I won't be programming anything. I'm just organizing the stuff, that's all ;) . (I'm helping out with the next XPize version.)

Edited by Happy-Dude