[Release] Avira Antivir Workstation Personal (Free) Edition v8.2.0.337

johndoe74

3 notes:

1. you don't need autoit, check this topic, Avira supports silent unattended install with switches.

2. the BSOD is caused because Avira wants to do a full system scan after setup. Using the scanmode=0 switch the scan won't run and you do not get the BSOD!

3. This means installation will run perfectly at T13. BUT, somehow after windows setup is finished, it's like Avira hasn't been installed at all!! There is no folder in program files. I don't know what's causing this. So you still cannot install at T13.

please man update to Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus 8.2.0.334: Free !!! when you have time!!! :thumbup :thumbup

AntiVir Personal Edition for Windows 8.2.00.337 also been released (have a look at http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/AntiV...s/1032566653/1) will you please update it when you have time. Otherwise will you please let me know how to create the addon so that I can create and share it. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Whenever i add Avira to my installation, i get a BSoD. It doesn't matter whether it is RunOnceEx or SVCPACK.

It's a driver problem i can't get why i'm getting.

This time i got a 0x50 win32k.sys error.

It's the same with vmanda's release.

I wonder if it's because i'm using a Turkish Windows XP (sp3). It can't be because of DriverPacks since they're not installed yet.

:(

Weird...

Can anyone recommend me an unattended(able) antivirus that runs on SP3, i miss AVG, and not avast! or trial.

• 4 months later...
updated to v8.2.0.337

Dear JohnDoe,

Thanks a lot. Again Avira insist that I should be upgraded to their latest version 9. Will you please share an updated version of the Avira Antivirus. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Go here, much better (hide the ads when updating) and always up to date.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the late reply. It's works fine and I made a 7-zip based nLite addon using GUIRunOnce it works find however if someone makes use of simply add program then he/she will get BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error messages.

Only thing missing is the right click and scan option otherwise it is perfect. Thanks for the valuable effort.

Edited by umapathyxp

• 3 weeks later...
the right click and scan option is an option in asim, just read carefully the post at ryanvm

Thanks buddy you are so helpful. I am sorry didn't go through the whole post and I just created an addon with 1 May 09 antivirus definitions and I ended up this. I have fixed the issues. The problem is resolved.

By the way if you do not have any objections I can share the nLite addon based on your work.

ASIM is not my work, but thank you for the compliment .

Also, be careful when making an addon : you must lanch the setup at runonce, not at T-13: it will not work otherwise.