Iexplore and IE6-sp1 Problems:How Severe is it?

:realmad: Iexplore and IE needs to close due to an unexpected error -send report or not send report -restart InternetExplorer errors:same old ,same old errors i received in using Win3.1 and Win95,and used to get in Win98FE and Win98SE before Auto-Patcher came along........Is This a Virus or Bug or another annoying trick with IE and we all know who?...Trying to sabotage and/or to interfere with Win98SE and its new capabilities and continual usage of trans-versing (surfin')the Internet???***Note this is not fun to re-install explorer everytime this happens!!!And Rootscerticate and IE html,etc.,etc., updates from Auto-Patcher files either...especially when just reading how to files or downloading Win98SE updates !!! :blushing:Speak up :rolleyes: ,with help or simular occurances so we can narrow down the "Why's and How's"-as to repair the situation as i've re-installed after re-install=20x times recently with different combinations of firewalls and programs and updates....still receiving this Message of an Iexplore-IE error and has to restart!!!On three different 98SE MoBo's ...all totally different styles of system installs and three virually totally different computers inside and out! :blink: *Is There a Rainbow in this STORM??? :angry: Prayers may....HELP??? :thumbup

:whistle: Just Lately this began in late June and has not happened since October last year2007!!!Actually hasnot been happening since Auto-patcher was always updated....."cause RootsCertificate is updated in it's last version and this is one of the updates dissappearing when Iexplore-IE encounters problem message!!!Lotsa spyware recently from MS and MSFN thru IE hasn't helped either ...Remove a ton of it daily whether in IE ,Firefox,or other browsers...too! :blushing: I wonder if IE6-sp1 is missin' an "important Update" we do not know about? :blink:

:unsure: i TRIED FF3AND kEX 0.3.5 and its a NO GO WITH 128MBrAM OR 64MBrAM ... THOUGH I HAVE NOT RE-INSTALLED ANYTHING <just using Wise Registry Cleaner-TWICE a Day and CAYahoo'sSpySweeper helps some>................... BUT SINCE STARTIN' THIS topic .... NO CURRENT ERRORS AS FOR THIS TIME???...HMMMMMM??? :thumbup Thanks for all thee advice :sneaky:

:hello: Is Opera still slow or has it sped up any since a year ago ?Do not like maxathon as too much adware in past versions...... :thumbup

Opera is the fastest browser ever made, the only windoze browser faster than it is IE5, which doesn't support half the sites today. Dunno where you tried it but i've been using it for 3 years and it always felt faster than Firefox.

Maxthon has no adware, neither 1.6.3 or the latest version have any adware.

Dunno where you guys pick up all that spyware and whatnot coz I don't even remember how that looks like.

Best advice I may give to you is install Spyware Blaster, update it manually (or donate to get automatic updates feature), enable all protection and be happy.

I've been using Spyware Blaster for many years and every once in a blue moon when I remember to run Ad-Aware, it finds absolutely nothing. And this is without any firewall or anti-virus whatsoever in the last 7-8 years.

Before any smarta$$ :whistle: comes in to suggest looking into task manager: I do that daily, using Codestuff Starter - nothing runs without me knowing about it.

Many sites use Adobe Flash to render their advertising. Nir Sofer's tiny little tool called TurnFlash is simple and efficient: a single click on its icon disables/enables Flash system-wide, so whenever you feel overwhelmed by such intrusive sh!t, just click it away. ;) I keep it disabled by default.

Oh and just for completeness' sake: I use SlimBrowser as a front-end to IE6-SP1, due to some nice features that I got used to, in time.