Would this work with crysis?

TheZeus

...............................................that's.......................................................PERFECT!

thanks alot guys! That basically finishes it all off except for one last thing.

Instead of a 500gb hard drive ive decided that i only need a 250 or a 320 because i cant even fill up my 80gig :P.

what brand and model do you guys suggest?

btw thx alot for finding me that 2x2GB, it looks great!

Instead of a 500gb hard drive ive decided that i only need a 250 or a 320 because i cant even fill up my 80gig :P.
Just to save 30CAD? o.O

Remember that those smaller drivers are slower so I would keep it as it is, with that 640GB drive ;).

Just to save 30CAD? o.O

Remember that those smaller drivers are slower so I would keep it as it is, with that 640GB drive ;).

Exactly. The hard drive is by far the slowest component of a computer nowadays. I mean, RAM latency is in a few nanoseconds which is already a long wait for a CPU, and hard drives in milliseconds, so roughly a million times slower. So I wouldn't willingly go for something slow-ish.

And hard drives these days fill up very quickly. From software coming on DVDs now, some mpeg4 videos, TV shows if you use your computer as a PVR (with mce, mythtv or such), DV footage, large digital photos (and I'm not talking about pr0n here), some music (especially if lossless), vmware and ghost/trueimage images, different partitions if you dual boot (or more), ISO's you're working on and what not... I could easily go thru a 640GB in a week if I didn't limit myself. Storage has always been the first thing I run out of, on any computer.

Get the WD6400AAKS. You definitely won't be disappointed, or worrying that you've wasted your money.

I'd start off with the stock cooler to begin with. Put the system together, and then see how it handles your day-to-day gaming. If you feel that you're still not getting the performance you should, then go ahead and try to overclock the system.