cpu 100% issue

Th3LoRdMiDo

Hey Guys

i have serious problem here ma cpu usage is always on 100% even if im run nothing but the windows explorer and im not sure if its virus or not but i checked ma task manger and found that system idle process take about it 95-98% from the cpu so i knew that not normal thing so can sm1 tell me wat can i do about it and btw i use win xp sp3 the microsoft version if that gonna help about sth

thx on advance

Edited by Th3LoRdMiDo

System idle process should be using most of the CPU. It's what consumes CPU cycles when nothing else does.

Does task manager show 100% CPU usage at the bottom of the window?

heres ma task manger screenshot

25708100hg1.jpg

25708100hg1.c4e91a8efe.jpg

so the 100% came from NMindixstore and NMBgmonitor and AVP is the kaspersky so it took about 48% somtimes and i guess the problem with those NM things so can u tell me wat is it consedring that if i took them out from msconfig startup programs everything work crystal clear

The index store stuff is part of the full blown Nero install (it tries to index all your stuff). I don't normally use the standard nero installer precisely because of that stuff. I recall it's a pain to get rid of though (they tend to "reappear"). Check under services in MMC, it might be there.

As for AVP, you'd have to stop or uninstall kaspersky if it's using that much resources.

Quite possibly! I think if you disable Nero Scout from within Nero and then disable the Nero Indexing Service in the services.msc that should do the trick on NMindixstore. As for NMBgmonitor either just get used to deleting it from your startup items everytime you run a Nero product or get rid of Nero all together. The 3rd option would be to uninstall it, build yourself a hacked installer that just installs the bits you want, and then reinstall using that. A pain I know but I'm pretty sure thats your options :(

Edited by JedMeister

lol quick fix (or possibly not but worth the try)

Start>type "msconfig then hit enter> services> hide all microsoft> then disable

msconfig>startup>disable all

would turn off your virus protection + everything else but worth a try and see what task manager looks like then?

+++++++

DAP.exe (Download Accelerator Plus) just from my experience i havent had too good of luck with that. try a google search on ur free time

Edited by Redhatcc

+++++++

DAP.exe (Download Accelerator Plus) just from my experience i havent had too good of luck with that. try a google search on ur free time

wat u mean about that? is dap got good chance 2 do things like that?

Edited by Th3LoRdMiDo

Well from what I can tell according to your Task Manager, It looks like your not well experienced with computer setups.

For one, your using Internet Explorer which means your likely to get spyware & viruses. You also have real player installed (for what?) and DAP (also for what?) You should go to MSCONFIG and uncheck a lot of items as there is a lot of stuff that doesn't need to startup everytime your computer boots.

You also didn't mention your system specs. If your system is old or the CPU not up to speed or your physical memory is little, that can also present some problems.

I'm not sure about the antivirus (AVP.exe), but you might try uninstalling that, then rebooting the computer to see if that lowers the CPU usage. If worse comes to worse, backup your personal data and do a clean install and be careful about what you install and stay away from Internet Explorer! Make Firefox your default browser!