Vistapack 2.6 released

damian666

hmm... it should man...

It checks for "\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF"

so, it has to work, because that file is always present, it determines the txtsetup part of teh setup, which is always done.

it cant work without that file, so its very weird...

sure you select the source folder? and not the I386 folder?

Damian666

hmm... it should man...

It checks for "\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF"

so, it has to work, because that file is always present, it determines the txtsetup part of teh setup, which is always done.

it cant work without that file, so its very weird...

sure you select the source folder? and not the I386 folder?

Damian666

I double checked and I defienately the source folder and not the I386 folder

I am using vista, so could that be a problem

could you check over my txtsetup.sif to see if its correct

TXTSETUP.SIF

Edited by Richard Arkless

ouch... that's a serious error man...

it cant find any one of the files, ****...

ok, this needs some serious work :)

i will return to you.

Damian666

Used the full disk and it didnt come up with any errors

I thought there wasnt any problem with it working with nlited disks?

oh well just going to have to patch the system files after I install 2000

Well, I liked it too on first look, but there is few things that I don't like. That box is visible when logging off and there is no text like Welcome and Shutting Down. If someone like this logon, it can be found here.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

I've been working like crazy on TClock3 since my last post. I have a bunch of things skinned, and even have the custom Windows Explorer toolbar icons working in Win2k (why the hell doesn't WB 4 do this??? It was easy!) I've been trying really hard to figure out how to do alpha-blended window borders. I first tried making the window layered and using UpdateLayeredWindow, but this turned out to be really unstable and caused system reboots. Then I tried a separate layered window with just the borders on it, but that required using a region on the main window to remove the borders -- which is easy, but it caused Windows to screw up WM_MOVE and WM_SIZE message to the point that it seemed unworkable. So I finally settled on trying something different -- attaching a Direct3D9 surface to the desktop window, and rendering windows on that instead of using GDI. I think it would work if I use a render-target texture for each window, but I'm having a really hard time figuring out the right architecture since it means that the Direct3D surface has to reside in the Explorer.exe process and other processes have to render to it. I've done a lot of reading and I think I understand how to create a COM object proxy in another process, but that doesn't solve the overall problem of the architecture (use a device proxy and create the textures in the separate processes? use a texture proxy and create the textures in the Explorer.exe process?) I've never done anything with Direct3D or COM before, so this is new territory for me. Any advice would be helpful. So far I've created a test routine that renders a non-textured pyramid and cube in the desktop window, so I know that putting a Direct3D surface on the desktop works (though it blanks out the wallpaper since I haven't implemented painting the desktop to a texture yet). With what I've learned creating SmoothText, I'm confident that I can override BeginPaint, EndPaint, GetDC, GetWindowDC, and ReleaseDC in any processes I hook into to make them paint to a Direct3D texture DC instead...the trick is getting the texture to the Direct3D device in the Explorer.exe process.

Edited by WildBill

well, for that i can only say one thing...

go to WPC , and seek out the member Alexnrs, he is making something too, which involves this.

if someone would know, its him...

check it out, and ask him for help, thats my best advice in this matter, i can only call gdi and brushes and dc's in autoit, which wont help you a lot in this matter so :(

good luck man.

Damian666

Hello, I want to report some cosmetic problem that I've found using this pack.

1) When I try to share a folder using the right click on it, the window that appear has a icon that is too big. It was the exclamation point balloon in the bottom (see screenshot). This part of the windows is present only if windows firewall is activated (this "bug" is reported by a friend, I use a third part firewall).

2) In the administrative tool section, in the storage drive applet, when you choose to create a new partition on a empty hard disk drive, the image on the left of the wizard is too big and it's overcropped, I mean, it' almost blue and the image of the disk is in the low bottom.

3) Bitmap 1500 of the "photowiz.dll" has the blue and green backgruond instead of the only blue. And I don't remember if it's that image, but when I've attached a digital camera, the first wizard with the camera image also have this colour, green and blue gradient (maybe it's the same image, sorry, don't remember and I can't reproduce, cause I don't have a digital camera).

That all,

always thanks for your works!

post-121955-1220624288_thumb.jpg

Edited by okram98pive