Bypass Logon, Safe to Shut Down, and Computer Type?

MPTech

Been working with nLite for a few weeks and still tweaking it.

My latest pet peeve is when XP boots up, I get a logon screen asking to select how I want to logon, as "me" or and Administrator.

I know that once XP is installed, I can go into Run\Control USERPASSWORDS2 and force it to logon with no password, but how do I config nlite to do this?

Also, when I Shutdown, it finishes with "Safe to Shutdown" but doesn't power off.

Again, I know I can go to Control Panel\Power Options\APM tab and select "Enable Power management Support" but is there an nLite option.

And I don't know if this is related or not, but what "Computer Type" do I have? I've been selecting "Standard PC", but I'm not so sure.

I'l be usine this on either a reguar AMD or P4, or maybe a dul-core later. Are those all considered "Standard PC's"?

There is a "autologon" box on the users creation screen. I take it you create your "me" user at that point, so you can use the option on that user.

And I don't know if this is related or not, but what "Computer Type" do I have? I've been selecting "Standard PC", but I'm not so sure.

This is the cause of your shutdown problem. Leave it on "automatic" and you should be fine.

what "Computer Type" do I have? I've been selecting "Standard PC", but I'm not so sure.
Where do I set the "automatic" and what Computer Type do I select? (is this the automatic? I don't recall that option)

Alzheimer is taking over :unsure:

On the 1st pane ("general", I think) of Unattended section, you changed the computer type to "Standard PC". Leave it on "automatic", it's the default option. There is no gain from changing it unless real problem.

Google for "HAL" for more info about this option.

I know that once XP is installed, I can go into Run\Control USERPASSWORDS2 and force it to logon with no password, but how do I config nlite to do this?

Select "blank password".

Also, when I Shutdown, it finishes with "Safe to Shutdown" but doesn't power off.

Again, I know I can go to Control Panel\Power Options\APM tab and select "Enable Power management Support" but is there an nLite option.

See your computer bios for power managment options and configure as desired. You can select minimal power tweak in nlite, so again, there is such option.

Perhaps not exactly the same thing, but it does the job.

I'l be usine this on either a reguar AMD or P4, or maybe a dul-core later. Are those all considered "Standard PC's"?

I usually just set it to automatic there, which will let windows decide if i'm in the single kernel or multi kernel apartment.

It also allows windows to set OEM power settings, if the ACPI is detected, that is used on laptops, mostly if not all.