Tiny98

Tripo

Hello is there anyway that I can make an win98 tiny/micro/mini version of the install CD of win98se.

So I only have an iso that is very small.

like nlite for XP.

But for 98.

a app that make it or a guide.

not to have the hole iso and install full version then use any app to reduse the installed win98.

I want to have the install CD to be very small.

im not sure if there is anything like that to rebuild the cd. you could use 98lite to take out what you dont want and then if you know anything about imaging you could image your drive. then you could use a cd to restore it and its much faster then installing windows.

:whistle: Look in "min98" all it contains is inf files and i think it fits on a floppy disk?i haven't accessed this for awhile but should be easy to find as it's same as a 98SE CD only miniture in size too! :thumbup or just put win98 file from 98SE/CD-ROM in a zip file usually will install necessary files to start 98SE install with Network access! :rolleyes:

im not sure if there is anything like that to rebuild the cd. you could use 98lite to take out what you dont want and then if you know anything about imaging you could image your drive. then you could use a cd to restore it and its much faster then installing windows.

If I have installed windows98 then use stuff to get it tiny.

Can I copy the file.

then if I want to use this again and now have the files needed.

How can I make the drive boot up win98.

run the win.com at startup.

or witch file that start win98 up.

I have now shinked my win98.

and it work.

but one thing if I dubble click on my computer it will not open.

anyone know why.

I have taken the explorer.exe from my win95a version.

Also would this micro95 guide work on Me to.

it would be nice to know.

Edited by Tripo

If any feature does not work it means you removed too much. :whistle:

Without knowing IN DETAIL which guide/tutorial/app you used, and EXACTLY which steps you took, it is really difficult to help you. :blink:

At first glance it could be some problem in the Registry for "right click menu" and default action.... but I guess noone can say for sure, I seem to remember that also a missing registration of SHELL32.DLL could cause this kind of problems.

jaclaz

If any feature does not work it means you removed too much. :whistle:

Without knowing IN DETAIL which guide/tutorial/app you used, and EXACTLY which steps you took, it is really difficult to help you. :blink:

At first glance it could be some problem in the Registry for "right click menu" and default action.... but I guess noone can say for sure, I seem to remember that also a missing registration of SHELL32.DLL could cause this kind of problems.

jaclaz

yes I have remove to much.

but I hope some one know what it was.

but I should test some more.

and add some stuff back.