How To Make a CD take data like a DVD ?

premier4ever

hello,

We all know that a CD cant take more that 700mb of data and a DVD can take up to 9gb, but what if we can make a CD look like a DVD and can contain up to 4.5 gb of data :unsure: .

Some would think that i'm not being reasonbale, but believe me people i've seen it and i've got a cd that contains 9 versions of windows on it, and i've got another one with all office 2003 installation on it like office, frontpage, onenote, visio, project and the language pack too all on the same CD.

i've tryed to unpack the cd and i got a folder with about 3.2gb of data, while its only 700mb on the cd.

i tryed and searched on the web to figure this out, but no use ...

can anyone help with this.

07a1dht2.th.png

Windows XP with SP3 9 in 1 | DVD ISO | 846 Mb | English

Edited by premier4ever

;-)

Those all in one CDs use one set of files that are common.

Let's take Windows 2000 for example.

Windows 2000 Server, Advanced Server, and Datacenter have about 95% of the same files. Windows 2000 Professional has about a hundred fewer files than Server. So someone creates a custom install routine to allow you to select which one you want to make an ISO of, for example. The installer checks a file that lists the Windows files that it needs for the version of Windows that is being selected. Since about 4,000 files are the exact same for all four operating systems, there isn't much space used on the CD.

It's the same with XP home and Pro or with the versions of Vista.

It's impossible to fit that much data on a CDROM. Those "all in one" CDs where created with a special method using the CDIMAGE by Microsoft. Basically all the tool does is change the pointers inside the ISO structure to access the same files as if they where recorded in the directory structure several times but physically there's only one copy, or something like that. Windows versions share hundreds of binary identical files so this is how it's possible to "fit" Gigabytes of data on a CD. By the way, I think this subject is considered warez and it's against forum rules.

It's impossible to fit that much data on a CDROM. Those "all in one" CDs where created with a special method using the CDIMAGE by Microsoft. Basically all the tool does is change the pointers inside the ISO structure to access the same files as if they where recorded in the directory structure several times but physically there's only one copy, or something like that. Windows versions share hundreds of binary identical files so this is how it's possible to "fit" Gigabytes of data on a CD. By the way, I think this subject is considered warez and it's against forum rules.

i'm arguing the concept, we are not looking for warez ... only the idea of fitting so much data on one cd

as i said before ... i have this cd and i'm not looking to download it or ask for it ... it's only the idea that makes me wondering if we can do the same trick with all type of files , FIT MORE THAN 700MB OF DATA ON A CD.

the metioned cd can make standalone iso of the choosen version, if any one could write us a tutorial about how we can make this, coz i like to put my office installation packages on the same cd for an example :rolleyes:

14385469bx0.th.jpg

28106563cm5.th.jpg

OK, there are mainly three tools capable of doing that.

OSCDIMG (comes with Vista)

CDIMAGE (for internal Microsoft use only) - not legal to use :unsure:

MKDOSFS (Open Source/Freeware)

Just google for any of them, if you had taken the time to read the links I gave you, you should already have found last one.

jaclaz

Why did you choose to read the part about Warez and respond to it but ignore the rest of the valid comments that are basically telling you that you're wrong.?

First of all, i respect all the members and their help and opinions ... all the replies give me a valuable information and help and i would like to thank all the guys who helped.

accusing me of looking for warez got me annoyed and i responeded to it, that's all. :rolleyes::blushing:

Obviously none of this is about warez as there are legal ms cd's that have these all in one things with the cd keys presupplied n everything..

a non warez reply would be...

you can overburn cd's/dvd's however not to the extent to double the size but can add on a couple of 100mb depending on the media, most cd rw dvd rw software can do this,

Obviously none of this is about warez as there are legal ms cd's that have these all in one things with the cd keys presupplied n everything..

Didn't know that... Where can I find information about these legal Microsoft all in one things? :rolleyes:

Edited by Fox Mulder

BullSh*t!!! Ms does not provide all-in-ones with the cdkeys included or without the the cd keys included.

I (Untill 2months ago had full MSDN and technet access) and their was NO such thing on either of those sites. If you don't know with that kind of access you have full access to nearly everything MS ever made.

Those all-in-ones are the inventions of warez makers and had originally taken extreme coding to do. Now the are so common you can get them off of any site.

The closest you get from MS is like the windows Vista disks which technically have all of the versions on them but no serial supplied.

Even insider MS connections still have to keep the serials on a seperate sheet of paper or written on the disk. MS is not blindly stupid enough to make disks with the keys included.

Yes I have seen and had used those exact same disks. Not the 9in1 you have shown but the Office2003 all-in-one I had and used before. The only way to get these is to download them off of torrent sites or buy them off of the streets in China.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Fox - Become an OEM, Then you might get access to a Legal all-in-one disk from MS.

Kels - Officially MS dont distribut al in ones, but you can get them from MS employees.

Most legal all in one disks are made by admins as a useful tool. They only become ilegal when you add software to circumvent any protection measures (like the activation on XP) or add cd keys (putting the files on the same disk aint seen as copywright infringement and MSn usually see this as a benefit for admins and leave it.). It is not illegal to put 10 versions of XP on a cd, as far as the courts are concerned it is legal to make a back up cd (if you copy a cd and use the copy for day to day use so you do not damage the original, they usually allow this), it is however illegal to put 10 versions of XP on a cd with all versions not requiring a cd key or activation (like the previously mentioned cd's).

If it were illegal to make or own all-in-ones then you definately wouldnt have The multi-boot guide or even The Multi-boot Forum

Edited by phkninja