what the cluck is this?

raphjoe@att.net

(Forum Rule #12): Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

Adding: "what the cluck is this?"

Man, there's only been one semi-useful reply in a bunch of spammy, off topic replies here... a new low for this board, if I may say. What's up with all the off topic remarks and no help?

Use Process Explorer. See the crosshair button on the toolbar, next to the Find (binoculars) icon? Click it, and drag it to the window you're curious about. It'll highlight the process that's responsible for creating it. That will at least solve that mystery.

But considering as though you've got that blasted language bar turned on (I hate Microsoft for shoving that down peoples' throats), you might just want to change a few options. First, go to the Regional and Language Options control panel, the Languages tab, Details, then click the "Language Bar" button, and disable it. Then, do this:

L_langoptions.png.png

That'll be rid of a few bloaty, annoying Windows options. And most likely that weird window too.