My EuroTrip 2008

Hey everyone,

My parents and I will be visiting Europe this summer, specifically The Netherlands, Belgium, France, and possibly Germany. We will be flying into Amsterdam, do some stuff there, and then will probably travel first through Germany, back west to Belgium, and then down to Paris. Since a good portion of you are from Europe, I was hoping that you could provide me with some kind of list of places that I might like to visit. Anything goes, so fire away! :P

Amsterdam itself has TONS to see. There's a museum called Nemo that's definitely worth looking at. Before you go, get yourself an International Student Card (ICIS is what it's called, I think). You'll get discounts on lots of places - museums, attractions, restaurants, etc etc. Oh... and you have to see the Red Light District... must. Drag your parents along (dispite the wierdness).

France - all the typical touristy attractions in Paris are actually a lot of fun, but if you want to go exploring elsewhere in France, there's tons to see. You could make a "castle trip" to see the various castles and forts from the medieval period.

Amsterdam itself has TONS to see. There's a museum called Nemo that's definitely worth looking at. Before you go, get yourself an International Student Card (ICIS is what it's called, I think). You'll get discounts on lots of places - museums, attractions, restaurants, etc etc. Oh... and you have to see the Red Light District... must. Drag your parents along (dispite the wierdness).

Sweet. Yeah, it's the ISIC card, and I can get it down the street from my university. :thumbup

So my parents apparently want to see Prague too, so I've mapped out a few other places I'd like to see. Maybe someone can tell me if I should just skip a few places completely if there's nothing worth seeing/visiting (there are tons on this map).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&....355469&z=6

France - all the typical touristy attractions in Paris are actually a lot of fun

That is true and the same holds for Germany.

Something I tried in Germany that had exceptionally good results was when I was in a bar, a smaller type of establishment, I would ask for 'the best beer'. I let them lead me to some unbelievably good beers.

Enjoy your trip,

Mark

As a Dutch guy I never went to the tourist places myself in Holland so I can´t tell you much about it but, if you like to see a part of Holland then get as fast as you can out of Amsterdam and go to Rotterdam, Utrecht and down to Maastricht. From Maastricht you enter Belgium trough Luik*. From there I would take Luxemburg and then continue to Germany and later back to France and up to Belgium again, this time to Brussel* and after that to Antwerpen*. Try to get to Berlin too, you will love it and besides that you will surprised to see what can be build in a short time after 2 world wars.

*Remember that I wrote the names on purpose as they should be, all are in Dutch ;).