I can't wait to get back to 98!

RedTrac

When my room was being redone a few months ago i was using XP everyday for about 3 weeks or so and i must say i mi$$ed MY COMPUTER!!

Way too much info is collected in the registry i had to delete after every session.... (Search info,etc) It wasnt as easy to do things on XP as it is on Win98se :)

Win98se is by far the BEST OS ever released :)

Win98se is by far the BEST OS ever released :)

Windows 2000 was considered a networks only OS, never offered in that year to single users.

Its contemporary Windows ME "convinced" users of the need to jump forward, being the worst or MS products until now.

This way Windows 98 SE was left behind, being in fact the last good OS without "Administrator" made for ordinary people.

After 2001 Microsoft stopped delivering new products in the 9x line, making available NT and its advantages to single users.

The lack of privacy of the user, leaving all in the hands of the Administrator thanks to NTFS, is essential to assure control in networks, being normally the Administrator a proffesional. But in the case of single users they are not normally proffesional people, and then the fact of using an NT based OS, being an Administrator of a non existing network, leaves the user totally in the hands of any kind of backdoors.

NT in the hands of not proffesionals means a lot of power and money for many people.

Windows 98 is the best for you, but not for the software and hardware providers. They want by all means to separe you from your money. Using ads and other means, in a short time people will be convinced of the excellency of cloud computing, the excellency of 64 bits boxes and many other "excellencies".

Computing is business in a no laws land.

Exactely! That's because they started their computerisation (on a popular basis) around 2002. Most of these poeple have never touched a w98 OS.

And also because for a few years already, a new low-end PC is as cheap if not cheaper than used ones. Chinese (or whoever) can build a decent OEM PC at the same cost as that of buying, collecting, verifying, packaging and shipping a used PC.