Wireless Doesn't Detect Networks

Cain Mx

Oleg_II, thank you for posting this software. For a long time, I was searching for a wifi connection client that did not rely on existing Windows components.

Eventually, I found Wifi Hopper, a lightweight client that provides functionality far beyond the rather terribly built-in Windows XP client.

http://wifihopper.com/

Cheers,

James

x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having the same problem. However, after installation, my wireless adapter could detect my network and connect without any problems. Recently, it just can't find any networks.

I tried using Belkin's utility to connect but it also fails to find any networks. I'm going to try the wifi-hopper mentioned here a bit later as well.

I think that the problem is not due to the Wired AutoConfig because I have it enabled... Is a reinstall the only other solution??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Oleg_II, thank you for posting this software. For a long time, I was searching for a wifi connection client that did not rely on existing Windows components.

Eventually, I found Wifi Hopper, a lightweight client that provides functionality far beyond the rather terribly built-in Windows XP client.

http://wifihopper.com/

Cheers,

James

x

Hails!..

Thanks for your help and suggestions, but that's not the point. We're trying to get works something that is by default in windows.

But i apreciate your suggestion, in fact i'm using that software. I just want something simple, like the XP Zero Config.

Thanks!...

• 3 weeks later...

for anyone finding this through search..

Okay....I think I finally got this down....please ignore all my previous ranting :P

Services not to remove for wireless cards:

Extensible Authentication Protocol Service

Network Access Protection Agent

I am pretty sure of this now.....I just wasted my whole night re-installing :P

I can confirm this too!

Notebook: ACER Extensa 5220/5620