Vista Help after Vlite

cnico88

So I decided to put Vista basic on my EEE PC, and I had to trim it with Vlite so it can fit and so it can run faster. However I think I might of removed something that won't let me install the webcam driver. I try installing it and I get this:

1-3.jpg

On the eeeuser forums one suggested that I am missing the Windows Image Acquisition service so I went over and googled it and it gave me the KB 930819 standalone installer and I installed that as well, but problem is still the same. I might be missing something else but I can't tell. All other drivers installed just fine and everything works except the webcam. Here is what I had left after the Vlite:

1-4.jpg

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks

The driver file is typically an INF file that installs other support files or writes to the Windows registry. The INF file can be opened in notepad and pasted easily. Which model of EEE PC is it?

Also, there is no "driver" provided by Asus for the USB camera. Its functionality is provided solely by the OS, in your case, Vista. So if it is not installing, then you must have left out the driver that handles that. Also, make sure that your BIOS is set for "install" mode (instead of finished, or whatever the two things say) and make sure the camera is enabled in the BIOS as well. We found that if the camera was disabled in the BIOS, it would still be detected in Windows, but Windows couldn't install the driver for it because the hardware wouldn't be able to send a successful start response because it was disabled.

It's an ASUS EEE PC 701 4G, I still don't know where to get the INF file? From vLite or from the EEE? and yes all the bio settings are correct, everything is enabled. I've done multiple installs with WinXP and I just popped in the ASUS DVD and all the drivers installed fine. Same with Vista except the webcam driver.

Check if you have Windows Image Acquisition, for example:

Windows\System32\wiaservc.dll

It is needed for cameras as stated in the description. Maybe you hide it with compatibility option, your screenshot shows 6 hidden components.

Check if you have Windows Image Acquisition, for example:

Windows\System32\wiaservc.dll

It is needed for cameras as stated in the description. Maybe you hide it with compatibility option, your screenshot shows 6 hidden components.

no, I don't have that file, so I went and downloaded the standalone update from : http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?...mp;hl=KB+930819

However when I install it I get this message: The update does not apply to your system. So I am thinking that I am missing something else as well.