Bug in Installer.hta WPI V6.3&6.4 ?

:hello:

I find a bug, i think ! I am not sure, because i am quite "newbie" is javascript, WPI, forums and english !...

Maybe i don't undestand all subtilities of WPI !

I need reboot my system between Msi install (KB898461) and framework V1+2, and it doesn't work. Wpi reboot after Msi install, start WPI again, but stop all installations, and show red cross in front of each applications, and stop definitively...

I solve this problem like this !

In .\WPI\Common\Installer.hta file

line number 62

wpipath = wpipath.substring(0,wpipath.lastIndexOf('\\')) + "\\";

I think, it should be

wpipath = wpipath.substring(0,wpipath.lastIndexOf('\\'));

Because a message (message in C:\WPI_Log.txt or %systemdrive%\...) tell me that wpi isn't in the right folder. By exemple, when you install and start Wpi in C:\wpi, and in your config.js your path for all program

are defined with %wpipath%, the error message tell you that it can't find "c:\wpi\\application\application.exe", with two "\\" in the path. Notes : The path %wpipath%\..\ work, i has tested it !

Extract from my config.js :

prog[pn]=['KB898461-X86-Fra'];

uid[pn]=['KB898461-X86-Fra'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

cat[pn]=['Complément Installation Windows'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['"%WPIPATH%\\..\\Service Windows\\WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-FRA.exe" /quiet /norestart'];

cmd2[pn]=['%reboot% 1'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Framework V1+2'];

desc[pn]=['Framework V1+2 de Microsoft. Attention, il faut que windows installer et KB898461 soient installés au préalable !'];

uid[pn]=['FrameworkV1+2'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

cat[pn]=['Complément Installation Windows'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['%WPIPATH%\\..\\Framework\\Lance_Framework1-2_install.bat'];

pn++;

I post you my new ".\WPI\Common\Installer.hta" in "Installer.zip" file

I hope it's right :blushing:

Installer.zip

Edited by Rackam le rouge

I tested with your common\installer.hta, but it still doesn't work ...

This is my test entry:

prog[pn]=['REBOOT'];
ordr[pn]=[999];
desc[pn]=['<BR><B><u>REBOOT</u></B><P>REBOOTS the computer after 20 seconds, typically after all installations are done.</P><UL><LI> <B>STATUS</B> 2007-01-25: <B><FONT color=blue>TEST</FONT></B><LI> <FONT color=red>TODO: When using WPI on a network share, after the reboot a window pops up "Z:\Common\Installer.hta" which you have to close manually before logon continues, and when you start WPI, the message "WPI has detected a previous installation that has not completed..." appears, and you have to click "Cancel" to abort that previous WPI session for the reboot ...</FONT></UL>'];
uid[pn]=['REBOOT'];
cat[pn]=['Other'];
configs[pn]=['TEST'];
cmd1[pn]=['%reboot% 20 -c "WPI will reboot the system in 20 seconds. Don`t panic. The installations will continue after you login again!"'];
cmd3[pn]=['cmd /C Time /T >"%SystemDrive%\\Continue-WPI-Installation-Succeeded.txt"'];
pn++;

Hello Growbigtrees,

I test your code, and it works ! :thumbup

So, i send you my config.js (with your code) and also useroptions.js, C:\WPI_Log.txt, and

C:\Continue-WPI-Installation-Succeeded.txt in WPIscripts.zip. (copie *.js in .\WPIScripts, of course)

to test again, or for try any others tests...

First, i try with this code below, and, as i change your code a little bit, i see that works.

In your instructions, i just erase /T (and time, and i create a file Continue-WPI-Installation-Succeeded.txt), and i see a windows with %SystemDrive%\Continue-WPI-Installation-Succeeded.txt on my screen after reboot

Here, my first test this with this code. there are more instructions than your's, to see better all actions, and it works...

pn=1;
prog[pn]=['REBOOT'];
ordr[pn]=[999];
desc[pn]=['<BR><B><u>REBOOT</u></B><P>REBOOTS the computer after 20 seconds, typically after all installations are done.</P><UL><LI> <B>STATUS</B> 2007-01-25: <B><FONT color=blue>TEST</FONT></B><LI> <FONT color=red>TODO: When using WPI on a network share, after the reboot a window pops up "Z:\\Common\\Installer.hta" which you have to close manually before logon continues, and when you start WPI, the message "WPI has detected a previous installation that has not completed..." appears, and you have to click "Cancel" to abort that previous WPI session for the reboot ...</FONT></UL>'];
uid[pn]=['REBOOT'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['Other'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
configs[pn]=['TEST'];
cmd1[pn]=['cmd /C "%SystemDrive%\\Continue-WPI-Installation-Succeeded.txt"'];
cmd2[pn]=['%reboot% 5 -c "WPI will reboot the system in 20 seconds. Don`t panic. The installations will continue after you login again!"'];
cmd3[pn]=['cmd /C "%SystemDrive%\\Continue-WPI-Installation-Succeeded.txt"'];
pn++;

prog[pn]=['End'];
ordr[pn]=[1000];
desc[pn]=['End'];
uid[pn]=['FIN'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['Applications'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
configs[pn]=['Other'];
cmd1[pn]=['cmd /C "%SystemDrive%\\Continue-WPI-Installation-Succeeded.txt"'];
pn++;

Thanks also Kelsenellenelvian for your answer. Can we confirm ? This program run...

Ps : Oh sorry, this test don't test my correction, because your file ("%SystemDrive%\\Continue-WPI-Installation-Succeeded.txt") should be in ("%WPIpath%\\Continue-WPI-Installation-Succeeded.txt"). My correction, only correct %WPIPATH% value on reboot. Those tests programs should work with WPI 6.3 and 6.4 without my correction... Just change %systemdrive% by %wpipath%, and try again...

WPIScripts.zip

Edited by Rackam le rouge

• 3 months later...